NU Transitioning to the spread

Joe G. being in the program is going to do nothing but help. I loved that they make Cody do pencil roles if he sits by girls instead of his teammates lol. Joe G. has a great mind for what Shawn's system means for a QB. If even half of that gets passed down to our QBs we could have some monsters in the stable.

I'm all for team-building and whatnot, but this is a tad ridiculous. I hope they don't really make Cody do that, because that's a lot of time and energy wasted that could be used to actually helping Cody become a better player. He's in college, and he's going to prefer to be around girls instead of his teammates whether Joe Ganz likes it or not.

I'm from a different school I guess. I would be making Green room up with Paul to create a better bond even. During Spring They had better be helping him keep focused. ( this is just IMO ----->) He seems like he is pretty fond of the ladies so if sniffing tail is his distraction then it is more than fair. He has time for that stuff later in the season. He is getting a free education so I would think a little temp. social sacrifice has been paid for.

Huh????

rfd.jpg

Just Kidding

that movie doesn't exist to me. it ruins my image of the late great heath ledger. he was a mans man, but not a mans man

He was an amazing actor, and if you don't remember him in his role in Brokeback you're doing him a great injustice, because as a film (whether you like it or not) it was a great one, and he did an EXCELLENT job acting in it.

But anyways, CG may need a kick in the right direction, but over doing it is a bad idea too.

The spread doesn't mean anything. Like many terms, it came to mean a hundred different things over time, and became so diluted to the point of becoming nearly worthless. Texas Tech, Michigan and Georgia Tech all run the spread. All three have extremely different offenses. Basically anything that uses 3-5 WRs and attempts to "spread" out the defense can be called the spread. It doesn't imply anything about run, pass or other aspects of strategy.

1. Ganz keeps close tabs on Cody Green -- even at the training table. If Ganz sees Green sitting with a female student-athlete at a meal, Green has to do 100 "pencil rolls." Pencils rolls are awful. A player lays on the ground, arms stretched over his head, and rolls down the field. Vomiting usually is part of the fun (sorry if you're eating breakfast). At any rate, Ganz's training-table edict for Green is generally good-natured fun, but also is meant to encourage Green to continually strengthen his bond with teammates. Just my opinion: Coaches are preparing Green to be a prominent leader in the program. Of course, he has to take care of business on the field.

One of the best things about going to college are the chicks.

M U S T

R E S I S T

Overwhelming urge to make stupid joke about the chicks running the spread.

My bad.

I don't have any idea what kind of "spread" they're going to install but if we still continue to get stuffed running the ball on decent to good defenses it really won't matter much.

Well, there were a couple of times I remember seeing quotes from coaches saying things like "People don't think you can do power football out of the shotgun, but that's not the case..."

My honest guess is that the shotgun will be a major proponent next year. We won't get rid of our power formations, but I think something relating to the Florida offense is something we could expect. However, you probably won't see us run a heavy passing attack. If we had 70 plays in a game next year, my guess is that we would run the shot gun 45 times and throw/run the ball equal proportions out of those 45.

Joe G. being in the program is going to do nothing but help. I loved that they make Cody do pencil roles if he sits by girls instead of his teammates lol. Joe G. has a great mind for what Shawn's system means for a QB. If even half of that gets passed down to our QBs we could have some monsters in the stable.

I'm all for team-building and whatnot, but this is a tad ridiculous. I hope they don't really make Cody do that, because that's a lot of time and energy wasted that could be used to actually helping Cody become a better player. He's in college, and he's going to prefer to be around girls instead of his teammates whether Joe Ganz likes it or not.

I'm from a different school I guess. I would be making Green room up with Paul to create a better bond even. During Spring They had better be helping him keep focused. ( this is just IMO ----->) He seems like he is pretty fond of the ladies so if sniffing tail is his distraction then it is more than fair. He has time for that stuff later in the season. He is getting a free education so I would think a little temp. social sacrifice has been paid for.

Huh????

rfd.jpg

Just Kidding

Hey if that would mean the MNC I'm all for it lmao. Might even help Paul hold on to the balls this year. aaaaaaaaaand rim shot