NU Transitioning to the spread

Here's how Ganz described Nebraska's offense entering spring ball (which begins Wednesday): "Transitioning to the spread with the ability to throw." link

Ganz himself would have been perfect to run a spread offense. I hope Green has the aptitude. Or Lee or Martinez or Washington.

Joe G. being in the program is going to do nothing but help. I loved that they make Cody do pencil roles if he sits by girls instead of his teammates lol. Joe G. has a great mind for what Shawn's system means for a QB. If even half of that gets passed down to our QBs we could have some monsters in the stable.

Joe G. being in the program is going to do nothing but help. I loved that they make Cody do pencil roles if he sits by girls instead of his teammates lol. Joe G. has a great mind for what Shawn's system means for a QB. If even half of that gets passed down to our QBs we could have some monsters in the stable.

I'm all for team-building and whatnot, but this is a tad ridiculous. I hope they don't really make Cody do that, because that's a lot of time and energy wasted that could be used to actually helping Cody become a better player. He's in college, and he's going to prefer to be around girls instead of his teammates whether Joe Ganz likes it or not.

• Fire 1

I'm all for team-building and whatnot, but this is a tad ridiculous. I hope they don't really make Cody do that, because that's a lot of time and energy wasted that could be used to actually helping Cody become a better player. He's in college, and he's going to prefer to be around girls instead of his teammates whether Joe Ganz likes it or not.

I'm from a different school I guess. I would be making Green room up with Paul to create a better bond even. During Spring They had better be helping him keep focused. ( this is just IMO ----->) He seems like he is pretty fond of the ladies so if sniffing tail is his distraction then it is more than fair. He has time for that stuff later in the season. He is getting a free education so I would think a little temp. social sacrifice has been paid for.

maybe he means spread option with the ability to throw??? obviously you have the ability to throw out of the spread....

Yeah, I read that this morning and it didn't make any sense. The Spread itself is an offense based around throwing the ball. Either he said it wrong or he was misquoted.

My guess is that he said it wrong, and that he meant what you said, in that we are transition to the spread option with the ability to throw. I'm sure he meant running will become an important part of the offense but that throwing will be important as well.

I agree with you. I don't think JG was entirely serious about doing 100 pencil roles to induce vomiting. CG is still a young guy. Obviously, football and academics are a number one priority. I just think JG means they want him to get his head in the game. I've heard from numerous people around campus that he's kind of an overly cocky kid who may not have his head where it needs to be. I'm sure Ganz sees this and is trying to motivate him to become a better player.

1. Ganz keeps close tabs on Cody Green -- even at the training table. If Ganz sees Green sitting with a female student-athlete at a meal, Green has to do 100 "pencil rolls." Pencils rolls are awful. A player lays on the ground, arms stretched over his head, and rolls down the field. Vomiting usually is part of the fun (sorry if you're eating breakfast). At any rate, Ganz's training-table edict for Green is generally good-natured fun, but also is meant to encourage Green to continually strengthen his bond with teammates. Just my opinion: Coaches are preparing Green to be a prominent leader in the program. Of course, he has to take care of business on the field.

One of the best things about going to college are the chicks.

• Fire 1

Yeah I was wondering about what Ganz meant by the spread with the ability to throw. I know there are different types of spreads out there like Oregon's spread compared to Texas Tech's or Missouri's spread. Like someone else said did he mean spread option? I know the coaches have talked about wanting to be physical running the ball in the spread. It went something like people think just because you run the spread that means you can't be physical while running it.

Plus we have the move of McNeill to slot receiver...I think they are planning on using him to block for the run the game first and foremost. Then with a guy like him he can also create the mismatches in the passing game and since that is his position you can really keep people guessing on plays(I know capt. obvious right). But to reiterate I really think they are going to use him to be a key blocker in the run game.

So my question to you guys is do you guys think it will be possible to have a physical run game out of the spread?

I'm from a different school I guess. I would be making Green room up with Paul to create a better bond even. During Spring They had better be helping him keep focused. ( this is just IMO ----->) He seems like he is pretty fond of the ladies so if sniffing tail is his distraction then it is more than fair. He has time for that stuff later in the season. He is getting a free education so I would think a little temp. social sacrifice has been paid for.

Huh????

rfd.jpg

Just Kidding