Storm's a Comin'

Batten down the cellar door ma, the Husker season is about to begin and I believe a storm's a brewin. Hope there's room in this here site for a grizzled old coot like me to rant. I can think of nothing better than a Saturday afternoon at the stadium listening to the game with my headphones and politely clapping for good sportsmanship. I worked in the coal mines years ago and lost my left index finger. I feel a kinship with those who stand in unity with the University of truth - Nebraska.

Old Pappy -

I feel a deep spirit with you! I think that the Big Red is about to be re-born and can't wait for it to happen. Must temper my outlook with reality, but have to believe that better times are ahead.

Remember - it took T.O. years to win the first Natl Title.

I believe that BC has the same fire and desire.

GBR.

Nice to meet you pappy. you sound like a real swell fellow. I'll be right with you on game day. I have to say though, I just cannot "politely" clap for the opposing team. :wtf

By the way, howd you lose that index finger? I also lost mine, but it was probably my own fault. I flipped off a KSU fan in Manhattan at a bar and he broke it off. At least the guy spent spent over a year in prison for it.

By the way, howd you lose that index finger? I also lost mine, but it was probably my own fault. I flipped off a KSU fan in Manhattan at a bar and he broke it off. At least the guy spent spent over a year in prison for it.

Seriously, damn man. He must have been fuming mad.

One of those things that happens when a bunch of people are drunk outside a bar. I hadn't touched a drop as I was the designated driver, but the people I was with got the whole thing started and it escalated from there. Moral of the story? Don't flip off crazy drunk people.

It was over 30 years ago, but stuff like that happens today you know. I am smart enough to carry a switchblade and pistol with me now for just such situations. :thumbs

One of those things that happens when a bunch of people are drunk outside a bar. I hadn't touched a drop as I was the designated driver, but the people I was with got the whole thing started and it escalated from there. Moral of the story? Don't flip off crazy drunk people.

It was over 30 years ago, but stuff like that happens today you know. I am smart enough to carry a switchblade and pistol with me now for just such situations. :thumbs

So now instead of losing your finger, you'll lose your freedom?! J/k, but I'm glad you're on our side!

Thanks. I'll keep the gun in the holster around here and the blade locked up ............. unless too many %#$*@#$ KSU fans come over to stir the pot. I don't like ISU fans much either by the way.

I'm not sure if you saw my post, but I've told 3 of my ISU buddies about the site. They tend to pump ISU sunshine from time to time, but they won't cause any trouble. :thumbs

Well it will be interesting to hear what they have to say as I've found most ISU fans to be a little thick between the ears and lacking in the proper knowledge of how freaking good Husker football has been the last 45 years. I'll be ready if they need some "educating". :box

Theres nothing wrong with some friendly debate, but please remember that we have a strict policy for respecting other people's opinions around here, which is one of the reasons the board has become so popular lately.

And if you do have something you really want to air out, please do so 'Behind the Woodshed'. If you need the password just PM myself or a mod.

Thanks.