If Nebraska Did Go Undefeated in 2010-11

Playing in the BCS National Championship January 10, 2011  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Boise is the only one with a good chance IMO. And of course the chances of four unbeatens is about 1 in a 100,000, but I'll say Alabama vs. Nebraska. Nebraska would have to face Texas twice or OU and Texas, so that's enough to beat out OSU.

In the last 7 years there has been 8 unbeatens. The most in any one year was 3 in 2004 - USC, Auburn and Utah. Only 2 years has there been no unbeatens.

Actually last year there was 5...BSU, Bama, TCU, Cincy, and Texas. When he says undefeated, he means going into Bowl week.

Boise is the only one with a good chance IMO. And of course the chances of four unbeatens is about 1 in a 100,000, but I'll say Alabama vs. Nebraska. Nebraska would have to face Texas twice or OU and Texas, so that's enough to beat out OSU.

In the last 7 years there has been 8 unbeatens. The most in any one year was 3 in 2004 - USC, Auburn and Utah. Only 2 years has there been no unbeatens.

Actually last year there was 5...BSU, Bama, TCU, Cincy, and Texas. When he says undefeated, he means going into Bowl week.

doh.jpg

"Upon further review . . . "

In two of the last 8 years the NEXT TO THE LAST polls had 2 seasons with 5 undefeated teams; 2009 and 2004, 2 years with 1 undefeated and 4 years with 2 undefeated. So the odds are 1 in 4. Interestingly the BCS "works perfectly" half the time - matching up the 2 undefeated teams in an "unquestioned" championship based on record only.

Whoever has won the first game of the NU-Washington series goes on to win the national title that year. So this year's national champion will be either Washington or us. I like our chances. :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

Yet another promising statistic! I like the way the statistics add up for us to win it all!!! :koolaid2:

Unfortunately I believe the National Championship would be Alabama vs. Ohio State.

They will reward the highest pre-season ranked team. Which as of right now will be either Boise St. or Ohio St. With Boise getting screwed as usual.

Nebraska would have a better shot if Ohio St. were to lose one and then get the nod over Boise St.

Tough call. Bama will be in the big game if they go undefeated again (which I doubt)

Now I know I'm with a lot of people :koolaid2: for Nebraska's 2010-11 season, but who do you think would be selected in the case all four of these teams were undefeated after December 4, 2010?

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

It would be harder to make it through the offseason... :dunno