When Nebraska hosts Texas 10/16/10...

I was talking to my wife about going to the game October 16 at Memorial Stadium, but with the price for tickets we aren't sure if we're both going to be able to go. I usually go to big games (more expensive ticket games) with my dad, but I want her to get to experience a big game at Memorial Stadium. She's gone with me to a Big 12 Championship game and the Gator Bowl, which were pretty big games, but there's no place like Memorial Stadium for a big game. I told her it's not very often Nebraska and their opponent are both in the top 10 (in recent years)for a regular season game, so I looked it up. It's been 9 years since Nebraska and their opponent were both a top 10 team for a regular season game!

It's very possible that Nebraska and Texas will both be ranked in the top 10 for that game. Here are those type of games in the last 25 years...

10/16/10 TEXAS @ NEBRASKA

(RANKINGS STILL TO BE DETERMINED)

10/27/01 #2 OKLAHOMA @ #3 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA WON 20-10

10/28/00 #1 NEBRASKA @ #3 OKLAHOMA

OKLAHOMA WON 31-14

11/13/99 #5 KANSAS STATE @ #7 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA WON 41-15

09/26/98 #9 WASHINGTON @ #2 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA WON 55-7

09/20/97 #7 NEBRASKA @ #2 WASHINGTON

NEBRASKA WON 27-14

11/29/96 #5 COLORADO @ #4 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA WON 17-12

10/21/95 #8 KANSAS STATE @ #2 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA WON 49-25

10/28/95 #2 NEBRASKA @ #7 COLORADO

NEBRASKA WON 44-21

11/11/95 #1 NEBRASKA @ #10 KANSAS

NEBRASKA WON 41-3

10/29/94 #2 COLORADO @ #3 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA WON 24-7

09/21/91 #4 WASHINGTON @ #9 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA LOST 36-21

11/03/90 #9 COLORADO @ #3 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA LOST 27-12

11/04/89 #3 NEBRASKA @ #2 COLORADO

NEBRASKA LOST 27-21

09/10/88 #2 NEBRASKA @ #5 UCLA

NEBRASKA LOST 41-28

10/15/88 #10 OKLAHOMA STATE @ #7 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA WON 63-42

11/19/88 #7 NEBRASKA @ #9 OKLAHOMA

NEBRASKA WON 7-3

09/12/87 #3 UCLA @ #2 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA WON 42-33

11/21/87 #2 OKLAHOMA @ #1 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA LOST 17-7

11/22/86 #3 OKLAHOMA @ #5 NEBRASKA

NEBRASKA LOST 20-17

10/12/85 #9 NEBRASKA @ #5 OKLAHOMA STATE

NEBRASKA WON 34-24

11/23/85 #2 NEBRASKA @ #5 OKLAHOMA

NEBRASKA LOST 27-7

For games with the Nebraska and their opponent in the top 10...

Nebraska has won the last 10 games with this scenario! :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

As others have said, the stadium will be rockin' for this game! Hopefully somehow we can afford a ticket for my wife, but going is life or death for me! lol Of course, since Nebraska will be in the top 10, for years to come, there will be many more games with this scenario!!!

• Fire 2

If you're worried about ticket prices, just go buy some outside the stadium. Ticket prices will always go down to below face value, as long as you are willing to wait long enough (you will probably miss the tunnel walk and possibly kick-off).

If I can't afford the $240-$260 for the nosebleeds my dad and I will have to do that...I've only done that a couple times but never before a big game that nobody wants to miss? Have you had success with this method for any big games? What kinda deal did you get?

If you're worried about ticket prices, just go buy some outside the stadium. Ticket prices will always go down to below face value, as long as you are willing to wait long enough (you will probably miss the tunnel walk and possibly kick-off).

If I can't afford the $240-$260 for the nosebleeds my dad and I will have to do that...I've only done that a couple times but never before a big game that nobody wants to miss? Have you had success with this method for any big games? What kinda deal did you get?

Interested in this response as well.

Interested in this response as well.

I went this route for the USC game a few years ago, ended up running into a guy desperate to get rid of a ticket right before the game and got it for $40. That's your best bet, a lot of the ticket brokers will hold out for quite a while and you'll miss a fair amount of the first quarter before you get a good deal.

No matter what game, there will always be people trying to sell tickets, holding on to their high asking prices until they get nervous that they won't be able to sell them.

You might get lucky and have someone start breaking a sweat 15 minutes before kickoff, or you might have to wait, but there will always be tickets available.

No matter what game, there will always be people trying to sell tickets, holding on to their high asking prices until they get nervous that they won't be able to sell them.

You might get lucky and have someone start breaking a sweat 15 minutes before kickoff, or you might have to wait, but there will always be tickets available.

Ok... good info... thanks!