Reminiscing

My grandfather still has this game on VHS. I dug it out a few years ago and watched it. So for me this thread is like reminiscing about reminiscing....? :huh:

I like Frazier's throw at 6:45. You can't tell me that Tommie couldn't have been developed into a fine passer, had he chosen to play in a more passing oriented offense. Oh well that's the Husker curse I guess.

Edited by huzkerbob

When did the exposed midriff go out of style in college football? I sure hope it'll make a hasty return.

Why? willy_nilly.gifblink.gifdunno.gifleghump.gif

Because those cutoff jerseys for the defense are and were bad ass, and remind me of Wistrom and co beating the crap out of people. Good enough reason for me.

I was actually kidding about wanting them back, but I see your point. I still have the 1996 Athlon, Big XII preview (first one ever) with Chris Dishman rockin the midriff. He looks like he wants to subtly eat someone's soul.

I was not kidding!

When did the exposed midriff go out of style in college football? I sure hope it'll make a hasty return.

Why? willy_nilly.gifblink.gifdunno.gifleghump.gif

Because those cutoff jerseys for the defense are and were bad ass, and remind me of Wistrom and co beating the crap out of people. Good enough reason for me.

I was actually kidding about wanting them back, but I see your point. I still have the 1996 Athlon, Big XII preview (first one ever) with Chris Dishman rockin the midriff. He looks like he wants to subtly eat someone's soul.

I was not kidding!

Don't tell anyone in my HE-Man Homophobia group, And it's not like I'm still competing with these guys for the same group of Wimmen anymore, but I sorta liked them too..but back then I didn't have Keg-Abs.

And I also liked the tear aways...uh..Mainly cause it made it all that much harder to be held...And tackled.

But...

I guess some of us are still slow on getting used to guys finding other guys attractive..What's up with that?

Andy-Barney-Opie.jpg

And BTW, OP, I think most of us were alive when this game was played. I think I'm one of the younger guys on this board and I was 5 or 6 when this game was played.

Who you callin' Opie?

And Yes...I was exaggerating..

...a little.

(There's so many great new people on here lately..it just seems to be dropping the median age a tad..Which hasn't usually happened in past encounters/experiences in my everyday life outside of HB.

...Why do our linemen appear to have such tiny feets?

Ancient Chinese art of foot binding?

it all goes back the hormones in the milk.... it all goes back to the milk my friends.......................

Whatchu Talkin' 'bout, Willis?

I still haven't weaned myself totally from mmmmilk and my feets are still growing...(12-14)

And I still remember how to make a hormone...(refuse to pay her)

Well since i was born in 1991 I was only 4, BUT for some reason I can clearly remember the game against Tennessee which was amazing to remember cause we beat Manning his last game which i still LOL at. My favorite season was the 2001 season with this game in particular my favorite game

That was the second Husker game I can remember disctinctly. The first was the 95 Fiesta bowl.

Not too bad to start off with those games as my first Husker memories. wink.gif

BTW, does anyone know the average age of HB members? I see a lot of college kids my age, but there is a good mix of some older guys as well.

Since I was only 5 at the time I dont remember that season, but since we are reminiscing this is my favorite season....besides 2009 :)

5 ? Geez I'm getting old, I remember games from the mid 60s. Oh well its worth it to remember Johnny the Jet playing in early 70s

LP, Ahman Green, Damon Benning, Jeff Mackovicka, Brian Schuster, and oh yeah, Tommie Frazier. That's not even fair.

Oh yeah. All great. And don’t forget Clinton Childs. He was a great RB but got buried on NUs ‘95 depth chart. Would have been starter for most of the teams in the top 20. Most other teams, that is.