The Bucks take McCoy over Suh?

I just don't understand why so many of the NFL mock drafts have the Buccaneers taking McCoy over Suh if both are available when it is time for their team to draft. I totally understand the reasons as to why many draft boards have the Lions taking Bradford #1 and the Rams taking Okung #2, but I don't see how the Bucks could bypass Suh, if he is available. The 2009-2010 season stats are heavily in Suh's favor. And Suh demonstrated that he was a better prospect at the combine, so what is it that I don't know? One mock (posted today) said that the Bucs have been coveting McCoy the whole time and had Suh falling to a #6 or #7 pick. Is there any likihood of this? I really think that that scenerio would be an injustice to Suh. Normally, I wouldn't put too much weight into one mock draft, but it wasn't the only one that I viewed that had Suh falling in the draft after McCoy got selected first. Just wondering if there is any truth that the Bucs are leaning toward McCoy. Thanks.

I havent been paying much attention to the pre-draft circus, but this doesnt make much sense to me. The Bucs already have huge dollars and time invested in a 1st round QB with Freeman. Having 2 of those big guaranteed money, high risk, developmental young quarterbacks on your roster seems a little looney. Just grabbing headlines I imagine.

its just a way to make people talk. i guarantee you that the analysts can see that Suh is by far the superior prospect, but you need to realize that controversy=cash...

Exactly.

The more buzz/crap they can stir up means people who will read their articles. Many sports fans don't want to see the same article over and over again, they want controversy!!!!!

:facepalm:

I just don't understand why so many of the NFL mock drafts have the Buccaneers taking McCoy over Suh if both are available when it is time for their team to draft. I totally understand the reasons as to why many draft boards have the Lions taking Bradford #1 and the Rams taking Okung #2, but I don't see how the Bucks could bypass Suh, if he is available. The 2009-2010 season stats are heavily in Suh's favor. And Suh demonstrated that he was a better prospect at the combine, so what is it that I don't know? One mock (posted today) said that the Bucs have been coveting McCoy the whole time and had Suh falling to a #6 or #7 pick. Is there any likihood of this? I really think that that scenerio would be an injustice to Suh. Normally, I wouldn't put too much weight into one mock draft, but it wasn't the only one that I viewed that had Suh falling in the draft after McCoy got selected first. Just wondering if there is any truth that the Bucs are leaning toward McCoy. Thanks.

Rams are on board 1st and will take Bradford because they just released one of their quarterbacks to open that up. Next are the Lions who will take Suh most likely, but could be McCoy. Then the Bucs take whichever ones the Lions leave.

How quickly Marc Bulger has fallen...

I seem to remember just yesterday he was beating out Kurt Warner and putting up pro bowl stats year-in, year-out. All of a sudden, he's that guy being kicked to the curb...too bad, always liked the guy. Did well on my fantasy teams over the years. I don't understand why they don't keep him on just to be in that mentorship role for Bradford. That's big, having a vet who's been highly productive and successful, to keep the seat warm and teach the ways to the young gun. Maybe the Cardinals can sign him and make Matt Leinart really, really frustrated when he gets beat out by the guy who beat out the guy who beat him out.

I don't think there's any way Suh falls out of the Top 3, but if he does and lands on a higher quality team, that's not a bad thing.

How quickly Marc Bulger has fallen...

I seem to remember just yesterday he was beating out Kurt Warner and putting up pro bowl stats year-in, year-out. All of a sudden, he's that guy being kicked to the curb...too bad, always liked the guy. Did well on my fantasy teams over the years. I don't understand why they don't keep him on just to be in that mentorship role for Bradford. That's big, having a vet who's been highly productive and successful, to keep the seat warm and teach the ways to the young gun. Maybe the Cardinals can sign him and make Matt Leinart really, really frustrated when he gets beat out by the guy who beat out the guy who beat him out.

I don't think there's any way Suh falls out of the Top 3, but if he does and lands on a higher quality team, that's not a bad thing.

It is if your a Rams fan, but not if your Sam's next of kin.