Need some advice...stuck in Hawkeye *&^&*!%&!

Just moved to IOWA CITY for a job.....stuck amongst the LIBS and Hawkeyes. It is really hard listening to the fluff about how the Hawkeyes are going to win their first National Championship! I will say this...they have some talent, and play good defense, but it is a lonely place for a HUSKER! I wish so badly the Huskers/Hawks played this year so I could shut some of them up!

Suggestions!?!? HOW DOES A HUSKER LIVE IN IOWA CITY?

I lived in Amana which is about 8 miles north of Iowa City. I was there for about a year, I have some advice, GOOD LUCK....you've just entered Husker Hell. You'd better get Direct Tv because you'll have better luck winning the lottery than picking up Husker games in that area.I was the Chef at the Mariott in Cedar Rapids and I represented the Huskers well, but the Hawkeye fans are overbearing, just remind them of the losses to the Cyclones. They'll love ya for it :LOLtartar

Just moved to IOWA CITY for a job.....stuck amongst the LIBS and Hawkeyes. It is really hard listening to the fluff about how the Hawkeyes are going to win their first National Championship! I will say this...they have some talent, and play good defense, but it is a lonely place for a HUSKER! I wish so badly the Huskers/Hawks played this year so I could shut some of them up!

Suggestions!?!?

When they start in, just smile and say, "Suuuure they will."

Suggestions!?!?

Believe it or not, I have actually had Hawkeye fans tell me that the Hawkeye defense was better than the Blackshirts last year.....

Suggestions!?!?

Believe it or not, I have actually had Hawkeye fans tell me that the Hawkeye defense was better than the Blackshirts last year.....

Probably because they dominated the easiest offense to plan for in a bowl game :laughpound

Suggestions!?!? HOW DOES A HUSKER LIVE IN IOWA CITY?

I don't know. I live in cedar rapids about 30 north of iowa city or as some people call it iowa sh**ty. A matter of fact my boss is a husker fan and lives in north liberty just outside of ic. What you have to do is just rub in all of the great times nebraska football has had and the lack there of of there great history. Also hawkeye fans think they are the greatest thing ever and there is nothing else in the world. And trust me being able to watch the huskers in big ten country is impossible. There is a bar in cedar rapids called beef o bradys that shows all of the husker games the owner is from nebraska. It does televise hawkeye games also so if the hawkeyes play at 11 and we play at 2:30 good luck because you won't find a seat because of the hawk fans. It sucks but just rub it in about our great history. Also i took some greef after we lost to iowa state but as i recall i don't believe iowa has beaten iowa state 33 straight years at home either.

God bless and GO BIG RED.

here's the problem with iowa, and why they defend their football so much; especially when talking to a cornhusker. iowa is famous for corn and beef, that's what is good about the state. unfortunately, when it comes to corn and beef, they do not have anything on nebraska. they want to be at least equal to nebraska, i mean, we both have the corn and beef thing going for ourselves. however, other than that, iowa is just a loose confederation of mid-size, trash towns solely funded by the riverboat degenerate crowd. omaha's waste created council bluffs. they do have adventureland, but come on. the greatest thing about i-80 in iowa is that it gets you out of the state and into nebraska.

football is important to them, and they want to claim the same history as nu, so we do not pull too far ahead of them.

i will give iowa credit though, they have an insanely disproportionate amount of influence in politics when is comes to primary season. and they some how convinced that they should matter because they are 'decent, honest americans.' i know iowans, most of my extended family is from iowa, they are not decent or honest.

(this was just sarcasm, i really have nothing against iowans, although i do find their compulsion to compare football traditions with huskers a bit odd.)