A Handy Site To Rent Movies

We use this site alot to rent movies..thought I would share it with you in case you have never heard of it. They only charge you a dollar if you are a day late.

http://www.redbox.com/

This place is great!

Couple of things about Red Box

• The available movies (the ones currently in stock) are the only ones listed. So if the movie is out of stock, there will be no mention of it on the rental screen. Not even an "out of stock" notation. This can be confusing when your not sure if the movie has been released by red box yet.
  • The availability of movies can be checked online by entering your zip code. This is pretty nice, as it avoids the unpleasantries of driving all the way to the rental station, only to find out the your movie is not available. I'm pretty sure you can reserve movies too.
  • Sign up for their email program. We get regular free movie coupon codes. As near as I can figure it, they are hoping we rent the free movie and then forget/are too lazy to return it. Then we get a late fee. Whatever the case, it seems like we rent every other movie for free.
  • Some stores (like our Hy Vee on 156th & Maple in Omaha) post free rental codes every once in awhile. They write the code on a post-it, that is attached to the front of the machine. Voila, free movie.

Blockbuster is doing a similar thing now in order to delay it's inevitable bankruptcy. It's called Blockbuster Express.

From what I've gathered, Redboxes are typically in McDonalds' and grocery stores, and the Blockbuster Express machines are typically in gas stations. I'm within walking distance to a gas station with a Blockbuster Express, so I'm probably going to get good use out of it!

I personally prefer to use Netflix, simply because I can get as many movies as I want (usually in Blu-Ray) for the same monthly price. The instant streaming feature is nice also. I was able to get caught up on Lost without even havng to wait for the DVD in the mail. Also it's great not having late fees.