Ranking the Big 12 North QB's

ADS

Eh, IMO it's Blaine Gabbert and then everyone else if you're judging solely the QB position. Lee is still a bit of a mystery. We need to know what he can do when he isn't playing hurt for a full season. Good thing football is a team sport and Missouri decided to cancel defensive coaching for the past few years.

Wow. What a down year for QBs in the Big 12 North. (and a big step back in the South as well.)

I can't argue with the list too much. Blaine Gabbert is the undisputed #1 in the North. Everyone else after that is a pick 'em in my opinion.

My red glasses say Lee/Green/Martinez should be above Arnaud but we'll see how it plays out.

Looks like a good list to me.

1) Blaine Gabbert, Missouri: Earned second-team All-Big 12 honors last year in his first year as starter, when he was only a sophomore.

2) Austen Arnaud, Iowa State: Hometown product Arnaud had solid first year as Cyclones’ starter. His 561 rushing yards were also pretty impressive.

3) Zac Lee, Nebraska: Double-threat Lee returns for senior year after helping lead NU back to national prominence in 2009.

4) Tyler Hansen or Cody Hawkins,Colorado: This race likely won’t be determined until late in fall practice. awkins started first five in 2009 before Hansen replaced him.

Wow. What a down year for QBs in the Big 12 North. (and a big step back in the South as well.)

I can't argue with the list too much. Blaine Gabbert is the undisputed #1 in the North. Everyone else after that is a pick 'em in my opinion.

My red glasses say Lee/Green/Martinez should be above Arnaud but we'll see how it plays out.

This might be another season dominated by defenses in the Big 12.

However, a lot can change. Last year at this time we had returning quarterbacks in Reesing, Bradford, and McCoy, and each of those guys had pretty solid targets to go to. But, a couple of injuries here or there and all of a sudden the defenses were the talk of the Big 12. Anything could happen.

The list itself is O.K. but the the supporting article is riddled with errors and omissions. In his ISU run down he says it was the Cyclones first win against the Huskers since 1977, when as we know it was their first win in Lincoln since 1977. In NU's he says Washington is our #3 and Brion Carnes will be competing for snaps but doesn't even mention Martinez or Spano. Not to mention his statement that Green was a "nice fill in for Bo Pelin's team", which IMO was both a journalistically lazy description and probably not all that accurate either.

I think that's about right on. I think I might give the edge to Carson Coffman over Hansen though, Colorado lost McKnight and Geer and Sumler, and the run support isn't going to that great for them either. Coffman has Daniel Thomas to fall back on at least, but maybe not the receivers