***European Soccer Thread***

Barcelona $552 Million In Debt

According to Spanish newspaper Sport, Barcelona suffered $77.1 million in losses last season compared to a profit of $11.1 million the season before. The club's debt is estimated to be at $442 million, while the gross figure could reach $552 million. This coming after la Blaugrana recently received another line of credit from a conglomerate of Spanish banks.

I think this should be renamed the 'Street Novelist Talks to Himself' thread.

and yet you keep popping in to post comments... :facepalm: If you hate soccer so much, as evidenced in the World Cup thread, why do you keep entering a thread dedicated to soccer?

I don't hate soccer. I've actually begun to appreciate it quite a bit. Even bought FIFA 10. World Cup totally swayed me.

***EDIT***

BTW I actually appreciate you posting all this stuff. I'm not nearly as familiar with the game. Just was scrolling through page four and thought it was funny. I hope to be able to see some of the English Premier League matches that ESPN supposedly broadcasts from time to time. I've watched a few of the MLS games when they're on.

Maradona's Reign As Head Coach Over

The Argentinean Football Federation announced today they will not renew Maradona's contract, which expires this year.

Estudiantes' boss Alejandro Sabella, Racing Club's Miguel Angel Russo and Sergio Batista - currently in charge of the country's Under-20 side - are believed to be in the running for the position.

I have a question about European soccer. From what I hear, Manchester United is in debt to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars, as well as several other big league teams. The first question is how the hell does this happen with the kind of sponsorships and fan support they have, and the second question is how the hell do they manage to sign any more players, especially ones who add another hundred million dollars onto the debt pile?

Well that was some match with the MLS Allstars last night. After their four hundred and second goal, Manchester players were so tired of kicking ass that they gave up a couple. Based on how crazy some of the shots and Matrix moves were, I was surprised Manchester's goalie didn't punch one in from a 1/4 a mile away.

Balotelli To Transfer To Man City

According to Sky Sports, the striker is on the verge of completing a deal that will send him to Manchester City. Inter are expected to rake in $26 million plus bonuses.

Mino Raiola, Balotelli's agent, and one of the player's lawyers have been speaking with City bosses in Manchester all day. Sky Sports is reporting Balotelli will be payed $3.5 million per year for 5 years.

2010-2011 Serie A Schedule Released

The 2010 - 2011 season will begin on 29 August with Inter @ Bologna, Juve @ Bari, Milan hosting Lece and Roma hosting Cesena.

The first big match of the season will take place on September 26 between Inter and Roma. They will face each other again on February 6.