***European Soccer Thread***

Good stuff Street, it's nice to see someone on here that has a passion for soccer like myself. I havn't missed a game yet of Euro 2012 (made sure to get off work for it, and the cws) and i'm making decent money, it's a lot easier when you know players and teams and recent matches etc. I'm stoked for the wc in 2014 and im still debating on traveling to Brazil. Wish U.S could have beaten Guatamala and got an automatic to the semi's but it seems we never make it easy on ourselves.

I live in Italy(plenty of serie a and b on tv) and all that is on Sky(cable network) is the European cup right now. US soccer missed the Olympics and I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the World Cup in 2014.

They are sitting alright in their group so far, the home and away in early September is huge. The fact that they missed the Olympics sucks, but once you branch out and watch some other nations you see just how poor the US is on the world stage. I think the popularity is growing, but it will take years for the younger kids in soccer hotbeds to move through the ranks. By the way Omaha/Nebraska is quickly becoming a big state on the national soccer scene. Prep, South and Grand Island are three legit programs spitting out good talent. Creighton is one of the top soccer programs in the country.

On the Euro Cup I am picking Germany. Talent across the board and some of the other contenders seem to be out of sorts so far.

I live in Italy(plenty of serie a and b on tv) and all that is on Sky(cable network) is the European cup right now. US soccer missed the Olympics and I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the World Cup in 2014.

They are sitting alright in their group so far, the home and away in early September is huge. The fact that they missed the Olympics sucks, but once you branch out and watch some other nations you see just how poor the US is on the world stage. I think the popularity is growing, but it will take years for the younger kids in soccer hotbeds to move through the ranks. By the way Omaha/Nebraska is quickly becoming a big state on the national soccer scene. Prep, South and Grand Island are three legit programs spitting out good talent. Creighton is one of the top soccer programs in the country.

On the Euro Cup I am picking Germany. Talent across the board and some of the other contenders seem to be out of sorts so far.

I agree about US Soccer and trust me I know the programs there are picking up. I lived around Seattle before I moved here. If you get a chance, go watch the Sounders. It's about as close to a soccer crowd as you can get compared to Europe. I watched them loose to FC Barcelona in 2008. Messi was awesome to watch live though.

I agree about US Soccer and trust me I know the programs there are picking up. I lived around Seattle before I moved here. If you get a chance, go watch the Sounders. It's about as close to a soccer crowd as you can get compared to Europe. I watched them loose to FC Barcelona in 2008. Messi was awesome to watch live though.

Only my list for must see sports experiences. Their March to the Match looks incredible.