official spring game thread

thanks for the input... i'm trying to follow along but have been loadin up gear for a oio (hawaiian for bonefish)fishing trip for today.......

when you guys put it into perespective like that i guess i have nothing to be too concerned over right?? just seems like the spring game or preseason doesnt always give you an accurate picuture of what you've got either positively or negatively curved.......

Why you have to post something like this?? It's enough that you live in paradise, then I find out you're a fisherman and loading up for a bonefish trip = SIGH X 1000. Freshwater fishing is my other pass time hobby when Husker/CFB isn't running, the water is still sub 40 degrees here and the warm water fish are still inactive for the next 3-4 weeks.

Irieboy throwing salt in my wounds daily. Months back he claims he'd like some snow, now this???

It is so fun watching this team and the hard work they and the coaches have put in the last three years put them on the verge of greatness. The optimism in the heartland has got to be off the charts right now. After 6 or 7 years wallowing in mud and mire it is fun to be a Husker fan again. Enjoy my brothers and sisters.

Just got back from the game. Only stayed for three quarters.

Quarterbacks looked pretty good today. Taylor Martinez ran the ball as advertised today. He is very quick footed and has great vision. He is arguably the best running threat we have at quarterback. He ran the ball with authority and passed the ball pretty well. He had one interception off of a tipped ball, but he probably shouldn't have made the throw to begin with.

Cody Green did some really good things. Had a deep pass down the seem in the second quarter for a touchdown, and he also ran the ball pretty well, although not as well as T-Mart. It seems to take him awhile to get his speed up when he starts running the ball. He kind of does a weird high step movement. He also had a few throws today that kind of made you go "What was that?", but he also made some of the better throws I've seen from him.

Kody Spano was pretty good. Obviously limited by the green jersey which means he didn't bring a whole lot to the offense when he was in. The coaches stuck to drop back passes or runs to the outside or between the tackles with him in there.

LTW ran the ball well today. Didn't have a lot of passing opportunities through three quarters. Ron Kellog didn't see a lot of PT and, not to be made as an insult, you can tell why the kid is pretty low on the depth chart. Doesn't read the field very well and get sacked for a pretty big loss in the third quarter.

None of the quarterbacks wowed me, and they all had their issues, but it seems that they made huge strides over the off season.

Quarterbacks looked pretty good today. Taylor Martinez ran the ball as advertised today. He is very quick footed and has great vision. He is arguably the best running threat we have at quarterback. He ran the ball with authority and passed the ball pretty well. He had one interception off of a tipped ball, but he probably shouldn't have made the throw to begin with.

Cody Green did some really good things. Had a deep pass down the seem in the second quarter for a touchdown, and he also ran the ball pretty well, although not as well as T-Mart. It seems to take him awhile to get his speed up when he starts running the ball. He kind of does a weird high step movement. He also had a few throws today that kind of made you go "What was that?", but he also made some of the better throws I've seen from him.

Kody Spano was pretty good. Obviously limited by the green jersey which means he didn't bring a whole lot to the offense when he was in. The coaches stuck to drop back passes or runs to the outside or between the tackles with him in there.

LTW ran the ball well today. Didn't have a lot of passing opportunities through three quarters. Ron Kellog didn't see a lot of PT and, not to be made as an insult, you can tell why the kid is pretty low on the depth chart. Doesn't read the field very well and get sacked for a pretty big loss in the third quarter.

None of the quarterbacks wowed me, and they all had their issues, but it seems that they made huge strides over the off season.

How did the O-Line look against the Blackshirts D-Line?

I think O-line did a very good job today, more-so in the first half then in the second though. But, it's a tough call to make. They mixed up a lot of guys on the o-line and they were constantly rotating fresh faces into the d-line up. That said, they were opening up holes regularly and the running threats our quarterbacks possessed helped open some of those holes. For the most part though, both sides played well against each other and made some good things happen.

I was really impressed with pass-pro today for the offense though. Our quarterbacks had a lot of time to get rid of the ball, and I know one sack today was just a coverage sack, when blame for the sack falls on the QB for taking too long. I don't remember seeing a sack from the d-line just bull rushing into the backfield.

I think O-line did a very good job today, more-so in the first half then in the second though. But, it's a tough call to make. They mixed up a lot of guys on the o-line and they were constantly rotating fresh faces into the d-line up. That said, they were opening up holes regularly and the running threats our quarterbacks possessed helped open some of those holes. For the most part though, both sides played well against each other and made some good things happen.

I was really impressed with pass-pro today for the offense though. Our quarterbacks had a lot of time to get rid of the ball, and I know one sack today was just a coverage sack, when blame for the sack falls on the QB for taking too long. I don't remember seeing a sack from the d-line just bull rushing into the backfield.

Glad to hear! :thumbs

If the O-Line can get back on track this year, it should be one helluva season.

I thought Austin Jones looked pretty good. And how bout my boy Brandon Kinnie carrying the whole team into the endzone!!!!

Definitely my favorite play of the day. Absolutely amazing. I'm also honestly surprised the play wasn't blown dead. Kudos to the refs for letting it keep going.

• Fire 1

I thought Austin Jones looked pretty good. And how bout my boy Brandon Kinnie carrying the whole team into the endzone!!!!

Definitely my favorite play of the day. Absolutely amazing. I'm also honestly surprised the play wasn't blown dead. Kudos to the refs for letting it keep going.

Thanks for sharing your insights of the game. I listened to the game on Huskers.com but the added details you shared was appreciated. +1 :thumbs