official spring game thread

I haven't read through this whole thread so I apologize in advance if it's already been addressed, but I'm curious to know how Jay Guy and Chase Rome looked for those who were there?

Jay Guy is Huge...that is number 1. He looks like he needs to get in better shape and he was getting pushed around fairly easily. I didn't get locked on to Chase Rome that much, but he looked pretty good from what I saw. They both have a long, long ways to go obviously. I would expect a RS for both of them and I know that sounds fairly obvious haha. Chase could be very good next year though and I think Jay Guy might get there too if he works out like a madman.

• Fire 1

I haven't read through this whole thread so I apologize in advance if it's already been addressed, but I'm curious to know how Jay Guy and Chase Rome looked for those who were there?

Jay Guy is Huge...that is number 1. He looks like he needs to get in better shape and he was getting pushed around fairly easily. I didn't get locked on to Chase Rome that much, but he looked pretty good from what I saw. They both have a long, long ways to go obviously. I would expect a RS for both of them and I know that sounds fairly obvious haha. Chase could be very good next year though and I think Jay Guy might get there too if he works out like a madman.

Thanks. +1 :thumbs

I hope someone else weighs in on this...I am curious to see what a more experienced person (that really knows what to look for) has to say. Now get some sleep Nexus :laughpound

I hope someone else weighs in on this...I am curious to see what a more experienced person (that really knows what to look for) has to say. Now get some sleep Nexus :laughpound

:LOLtartar

Jay Guy absolutely needs to get his body right. Another year with Dobson though and he should be fine. He just needs to put some healthy weight on.

Unfortunately, I really wasn't paying too much attention to defensive play last Saturday, because I'm feeling pretty good about them and where they will be come August. I was more focused on the offensive line and quarterback game.

Might have been touched on early but what did you see from Jason Ankrah? Do you see him pushing Pierre and Cam this fall.

I did the same thing as Enhance - since I feel pretty good about the D, I mostly focused on the Offense Saturday. However, I did notice a couple of times that Meredith didn't look all that fast, or that he wasn't getting around his man. Frankly, he looked identical to Turner last year, that slow push upfield through his man, no fast move around him.

It made me wonder, since it looked so much like Turner last season, if they're not coaching the DEs to just provide containment while the DTs do the damage. Meredith looked far more explosive last year.

I can't recall noticing Ankrah at all. Doesn't mean he didn't do much, but again, I was focusing on the O.

I thought Ankrah looked solid, I don't think he got a ton of PT. Josh Williams looked very solid. And a caveat here - was anyone else as impressed with Thenarse as I was? I thought he stood out the most on D. Not just talking about the pick...he looked great I thought

I thought Ankrah looked solid, I don't think he got a ton of PT. Josh Williams looked very solid. And a caveat here - was anyone else as impressed with Thenarse as I was? I thought he stood out the most on D. Not just talking about the pick...he looked great I thought

By the sounds of his stats, he was the most productive person on defense. 7 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 int.

I agree with Thenarse. He seemed involved a lot. I also noticed Gomes quite a bit, and I noticed Amukamara quite a bit, but NOT for anything good. Well, he had one pretty good breakup, but he seemed like he played the game in third gear to me. I get that Paul took a step forward in the offseason, but most on those two long pass completions it looked like Prince was barely trying.

Yeah it was a designed bounce pass, paying homage to our very own Turner Gill!

Also, there is no "arguably" about it. Martinez is leaps and bounds better at running the football than Green or Lee (maybe not Washington, but I don't really consider him in the race.)

I think it really comes down to what you feel is more important in the QB race for 2011. Running or Passing? Passing was secondary to running in the 90's. Now it seems we want Crouch speed with drop back precision. I predict Martinez will eventually become the starter in 2011.