Huskers vs Aggies

How do ya'll see this game playin out this year? Now that spring season is done for both you huskers and my aggies. We got our new 3-4 defense and I hear ya'll have some new sombrero defense?

I like my ags in this one but i could be biased.

Gig Em.

I refrain from making predictions about games until the actual season starts. But, if I were take a gander...

The Aggies return playmakers on offense. But, despite the power they return (like Johnson), it was still a team that was held to only 19, 14, and 10 points to bad and good teams alike. Defensively, I'm interested to see how the 3-4 scheme works out since it's a fairly unknown commodity in the college game. You need speed defensively to compete with teams these days, but you also need power in some situations. I'm really interested to see what happens.

Nebraska, on the other hand, is keeping everything the same from last year defensively (roughly speaking) and is tweaking its offense to give it kind of an SEC flair (that's how I would describe it, at least). Nebraska's offense was horrible last year, but they have potential for this year. Our defense is what the Aggies should be most worried about.

So, I can't come up with anything. As of right now, I have no predictions. It's just way too early to tell. I do know this though: Nebraska did exceedingly well against dual threat QB's last year in Tyrod Taylor and Colt McCoy. A&M's offensive line will have to be rolling on all cylinders to handle our defense.

Probably the toughest road game on the schedule. I see the game coming down to your o-line vs. the various blitz packages you'll see Pelini dial up and how much your defense has improved.

Like Enhance, said it's a little early for predictions but aTm will have to show me something on defense before I get too scared. I like the speed Nebraska has on defense vs. your offense.

Looking at the W/L record from last year, it has an eerie resemblance to the 2007 Nebraska season. Crushing loss followed by crushing victory. Huge losses to bad teams and huge wins over decent ones. Bizarre.

No way to predict what's going to happen until the teams have played a few games, but based on what I've see I have to agree with Enhance. A&M has troubles with teams that play first-rate defense. Our offense was nothing special last season and for a variety of reasons. Injuries on the O-line being a major one. We managed to put an exclamation point on the season by routing Arizona in the Holiday Bowl. If we keep that up Nebraska will be competitive with any team in the country.

Too early to really get a feel for this game but a couple things stand out:

1. How will the Aggy o-line handle an experienced d-line. They had alot of struggles last year with o-line play.

2. Are they physical enough up front on the defensive side to play all 4 quarters with Nebraska? Should be interesting.

3. Can the A&M recievers get open and help out Jerrod Johnson. Jeff Fuller and Uzoma Nwachaku or whatever his name is will have to help Jerrod out alot in this game.

4. Can Nebraska contain Von Miller and keep him off our QB's back.

5. Does Nebraska have enough fire power if this game turns into a shoot out.

How do ya'll see this game playin out this year? Now that spring season is done for both you huskers and my aggies. We got our new 3-4 defense and I hear ya'll have some new sombrero defense?

I like my ags in this one but i could be biased.

Gig Em.

Are you Texas fan or an Aggies fan?

This is definitely our toughest road test. I hate the term "trap game" but this has got that written all over it. :facepalm:

Last year the teams that were able to run well on our D were the teams with big powerful backs like Daniel Thomas, and even Toben Opurum from KU was getting 5-6 yards at a time before he got hurt. That said, Christine Michael will be a tall order.

Also, Deruyter is an excellent DC, but a transition is never easy, especially going to a 3-4 in college. Last year aTm's DBs got outrun by Colt McCoy, that can't be happening if the 3-4 is going to be successful.

aTm's offense should be the best in the Big12. But, I think the advantage has to go slightly to Nebraska because this game is later rather than sooner. And even though I hate to say it, Nebraska has been playing their best ball towards the end of the season.

i actually think its going to be a 2+ td win for the skers. im sorry but i just do not see the 3-4 doing the job, you cant go from a piss poor 4-3 and think that a 3-4 is going to be suddenly better. lets face it A&M had a lousy defense both last season and the season before. on top of that, their offense was stopped on more than 1 occasion by defenses much lesser than ours. a much too early guess would be something in the range of 32-17 just based off of what i know about both teams at the present time.

This is definitely our toughest road test. I hate the term "trap game" but this has got that written all over it. :facepalm:

Last year the teams that were able to run well on our D were the teams with big powerful backs like Daniel Thomas, and even Toben Opurum from KU was getting 5-6 yards at a time before he got hurt. That said, Christine Michael will be a tall order.

Also, Deruyter is an excellent DC, but a transition is never easy, especially going to a 3-4 in college. Last year aTm's DBs got outrun by Colt McCoy, that can't be happening if the 3-4 is going to be successful.

aTm's offense should be the best in the Big12. But, I think the advantage has to go slightly to Nebraska because this game is later rather than sooner. And even though I hate to say it, Nebraska has been playing their best ball towards the end of the season.

Agree with ya on all accounts. I look at this game similar to Baylor last year, before Griffin III go hurt. I thought Baylor would be a trap game, before the season got started. They got QB that can go out make plays with his feet, which always frightens me. I thought Michael look pretty good going against Texas. I cant imagine their defense being that much better going to 3-4 right off the bat.

This A&M team kinda reminds me of KU, last year. A decent offense, with a terrible defense. Remember we put up 400 yards and 31 points against KU last year. I believe we will put similar numbers against A&M. The question is will it be enough??? I think Yes, but will our defense be able to Johnson and Michael in check for 4 quarters, Texas sure couldnt do it.

Agree with ya on all accounts. I look at this game similar to Baylor last year, before Griffin III go hurt. I thought Baylor would be a trap game, before the season got started. They got QB that can go out make plays with his feet, which always frightens me. I thought Michael look pretty good going against Texas. I cant imagine their defense being that much better going to 3-4 right off the bat.

This A&M team kinda reminds me of KU, last year. A decent offense, with a terrible defense. Remember we put up 400 yards and 31 points against KU last year. I believe we will put similar numbers against A&M. The question is will it be enough??? I think Yes, but will our defense be able to Johnson and Michael in check for 4 quarters, Texas sure couldnt do it.

That's an excellent point, comparing them to KU. Could be a very similar story. I was at the KU game last year. I would KILL to go to College Station for an NU-aTm game.

That's an excellent point, comparing them to KU. Could be a very similar story. I was at the KU game last year. I would KILL to go to College Station for an NU-aTm game.

I was at KU game last year, too. Had a good time down their, was treated pretty decent. Prob will go back in 2011 again. Some of their fans should stick to Basketball, some dont understand basic college football.

College Station is on my bucket list.

I'm a fan of the great state of Texas, cept Baylor. I think we'll have a real good time by the years end, I predict a strong finish from our guys.

Should also be an interesting matchup between my Horns and you Huskers in October. I'm gonna have to try to go to that one