probably will get bad reps for this but

I'm very curious. Lately about all this big 10 talk I've been hearing A LOT of Nebraska mentioned in this lately. Who has any scoop on this? I personally don't think Nebraska would go to the big 10. But i would like so more info about why Nebraska has been mentioned a lot lately. Thank you

I'm very curious. Lately about all this big 10 talk I've been hearing A LOT of Nebraska mentioned in this lately. Who has any scoop on this? I personally don't think Nebraska would go to the big 10. But i would like so more info about why Nebraska has been mentioned a lot lately. Thank you

In short it's all about money at the end of the day. If NU is contacted by the Big 10, Osborne made it clear that he would listen to their offer. If it'll benefit the university $ wise and academic-wise, then it's not far-fetched to think that they'd jump ship to the Big 10.

Here's a loooooooong but very informative article on the matter. It was just published today and the writers here both believe that Nebraska is indeed one of the front-runners in this expansion talk.

Big 10 Expansion

And dont think for one minute that Big 10 wouldnt want NU when it comes to a fan market. The way we travel. Not to mention it would be monumental in football to pair with the likes of Penn St. (course it be better if we wouldnt have to go to that toilet every other year), Michigan, and Ohio St. as opposed to Missouri, Colorado and Kansas St.

And dont think for one minute that Big 10 wouldnt want NU when it comes to a fan market. The way we travel. Not to mention it would be monumental in football to pair with the likes of Penn St. (course it be better if we wouldnt have to go to that toilet every other year), Michigan, and Ohio St. as opposed to Missouri, Colorado and Kansas St.

i disagree, i think they are more concerned with the television market, and there just isn't one in Nebraska, not like Missouri or Texas. Nebraska is the smallest state to have a BCS team win the national championship.

i don't think they are worried about filling up their stadiums as much as high ratings.

In short it's all about money at the end of the day. If NU is contacted by the Big 10, Osborne made it clear that he would listen to their offer. If it'll benefit the university $ wise and academic-wise, then it's not far-fetched to think that they'd jump ship to the Big 10.

Here's a loooooooong but very informative article on the matter. It was just published today and the writers here both believe that Nebraska is indeed one of the front-runners in this expansion talk.

Big 10 Expansion

Thanks for the link to that looooong article. The posts at the end seem to be very pro Nebraska.

Big 10 Expansion

Thanks for the link to that looooong article. The posts at the end seem to be very pro Nebraska.

No problem. :thumbs

I don't really have an opinion on this whole expansion situation. Mainly because it's beyond my area of expertise and I don't like to rely too heavily on media sources on something that is premature at the moment.

With all that said though, I'll reiterate my original post and add that if Osborne feels it's a good move then I'm with him. If he feels it's not such a good move then I'm with him.

It really makes sense every way you look at it, except for the fact that it may hurt recruiting for football. However a change to the Big10 would definitely help our already awesome volleyball program...how about a rival team like Penn St?

The big 10 has a huge wrestling market. Nebraska is one of 5 or 6 schools in the big 12 that even offers the sport, again great move.

Basketball - don't know, don't care.

Baseball, well we can't get any worse can we right now?

TV exposure would be killer for football. Almost every game would be on tv.

Not to mention a natural rival with Iowa.

I used to be completely against this but in the big picture for whats best for the university this would be the way to go, AND we could do something like Illinois and schedule missouri every year, except with our case it could be Oklahoma. Rivalry restored!

I would say go for it. With a staff like we have, we'd be able to recruit well enough and develop them no problem.

I dont see us joining the Big 10. I think the Big 10 will go after one of the east coast schools, like Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers. Their are more TV's out that way.

But in the end if the Big 10 wants us.... and tom and the university think its a good idea, then I'll support whatever decision they make.