After living in Kansas for the past 4 years I have become spoiled by the roads here. Has anyone else here driven down "O" street between downtown and 48th? It's kind of embarassing for me as a Husker fan to know that people who come to town for their teams away games have to drive on that abomination.

As soon as you cross the state line it's like driving on a washboard and "O" street seems like an Iraqi city street that has had one too many IED's blown up on it.You would think that the city of Lincoln might concern themselves a little with the condition of one of their most used streets. It doesn't shine a very positive light on Nebraska when out of staters see the condition of our roads.

The roads in Kansas are like driving on glass. I know they have extra income from the I-70 turnpike for the D.O.T. How many Nebraskans do you think would be willing to pay on a turnpike between Lincoln and Omaha if it would improve our roads?

Just my little rant on a rainy Saturday morning with nothing else to do :boxosoap

After living in Kansas for the past 4 years I have become spoiled by the roads here. Has anyone else here driven down "O" street between downtown and 48th? It's kind of embarassing for me as a Husker fan to know that people who come to town for their teams away games have to drive on that abomination.

As soon as you cross the state line it's like driving on a washboard and "O" street seems like an Iraqi city street that has had one too many IED's blown up on it.You would think that the city of Lincoln might concern themselves a little with the condition of one of their most used streets. It doesn't shine a very positive light on Nebraska when out of staters see the condition of our roads.

The roads in Kansas are like driving on glass. I know they have extra income from the I-70 turnpike for the D.O.T. How many Nebraskans do you think would be willing to pay on a turnpike between Lincoln and Omaha if it would improve our roads?

Just my little rant on a rainy Saturday morning with nothing else to do :boxosoap

I live on the NE/KS boarder, and see the differance daily. Its really night and day, how much better KS roads are. Even the backroads are better.

O street is just the tip of the iceberg, imo.

Asphalt is the main cause for the horrid roads. Asphalt is a horrible material for small patch jobs. If the mayor would let the roads department use better materials, the roads wouldn't be so hard to maintain. This bad winter we had is going to take all summer to fix, and then winter will hit again and the asphalt will fall apart. :ahhhhhhhh

No more roads!

Flying cars and hover crafts for all.

Asphalt is the main cause for the horrid roads. Asphalt is a horrible material for small patch jobs. If the mayor would let the roads department use better materials, the roads wouldn't be so hard to maintain. This bad winter we had is going to take all summer to fix, and then winter will hit again and the asphalt will fall apart. :ahhhhhhhh

No more roads!

lol:laughpound

Seriously, what would you suggest? Should they pave the roads in gold? The bottom line is the Roads Dept. is just lazy. From what I've heard my friends say that have worked there, they do hard work for a couple months a year, but if there's any chance of rain or anything they call it a day. I can't blame them. They're government employees. Why wouldn't they?

No more roads!

Seriously, what would you suggest? Should they pave the roads in gold? The bottom line is the Roads Dept. is just lazy. From what I've heard my friends say that have worked there, they do hard work for a couple months a year, but if there's any chance of rain or anything they call it a day. I can't blame them. They're government employees. Why wouldn't they?

I believe they it is the "Head Chief" that causes the mystery of the road departments actions. I was driving on the Interstate today and a lane was closed for 6 miles with no resembling of work being done or had been done. Sometimes i see them out salting the bridges at 45 degree weather when the forecast calls for a dusting of snow later in the night. Then when the big storm hits, they're like "we'll be out when the storm ends sometime tomorrow."

My grandfather ran a patrol/grader for the City of Lincoln back in the early 60's. Our street on 72nd and Fairfax got plowed first during every snow. :) And he'd stop and pick me up and ride around the block, ahh the memories :)

ya gots to have connections. :cheers

GBR

No more roads!

I was thinking lead streets and cast iron curbs. :dumdum

Actually I was speaking of some of the concrete streets that we have that are repaired with asphalt. I can see repairing asphalt roads with asphalt (patching a turd with turds), but fix the good roads ONCE the right way!