Will Nebraska Join the Big 10?

Husker_x

Huskerboard Opinion Poll  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know. I would miss all these Big 12 teams. I like the Big 12 style of play much better than the Big 10. We'd be going from a power conference to one that, frankly, kinda sucks, and gets no respect. And we'd lose the Texas base for recruiting. I really hope this is not true.

My thoughts exactly. If we leave for the Big Ten, I think that could severly impact our Texas recruiting pipeline. The closest away games for NU would be Columbia and Iowa City, which is a long distance to travel. Furthermore, has anyone ever made the drive to Columbus (OH) from Nebraska? It. Sucks. Im just really apprehensive about this transition to the Big Ten and wish their could be a way to stay Big XII because of the proximity to our recruiting fields and also the respect associated with our conference in comparison to the Big Ten. However, it is better to be a part of a less respected conference than to be a team without a conference.

I don't know. I would miss all these Big 12 teams. I like the Big 12 style of play much better than the Big 10. We'd be going from a power conference to one that, frankly, kinda sucks, and gets no respect. And we'd lose the Texas base for recruiting. I really hope this is not true.

My thoughts exactly. If we leave for the Big Ten, I think that could severly impact our Texas recruiting pipeline. The closest away games for NU would be Columbia and Iowa City, which is a long distance to travel. Furthermore, has anyone ever made the drive to Columbus (OH) from Nebraska? It. Sucks. Im just really apprehensive about this transition to the Big Ten and wish their could be a way to stay Big XII because of the proximity to our recruiting fields and also the respect associated with our conference in comparison to the Big Ten. However, it is better to be a part of a less respected conference than to be a team without a conference.

I think the problem is we're looking at this from a purely football perspective. The real issue is money, and the money is better if we switch to the big 10. Do I necessarily want that? Not entirely. Fact of the matter is that Uni's are looking out for themselves, they don't really care about the traditions we've had since the big 12 started. Additionally as many people have pointed out, TO was able to recruit Texas even when the SWC was around.

Simply put, we gain $ (even factoring in travel costs) by joining the Big 10 and there's probably not a huge concern over recruiting.

For all those who think we will lose the recruiting base of Texas, I'm pretty sure we had a pipeline in Texas for 20 plus years before they joined the Big XII in mid 90's. Joining the Big 10 would actually ramp up recruiting by adding an additional pipeline to the East. But, recruiting is a completely different topic. We all know it's not how much talent you recruit, but rather what you do with that talent. Callahan had top 25 recruiting teams and amounted to nothing.

Tell you what ive been thinking about this all day. At first i was stoaked but now im like but all the teams weve played with for so long. Its like moving out of state and only getting to play with your old buddies every once in a while when you make it into town. Buy far its best for us to jump ship but im a tradition kinda guy so its hard to let that go.

What tradition does the Big 12 really have?

• 5 weeks later...