Will Nebraska Join the Big 10?

Husker_x

Huskerboard Opinion Poll  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have always thought that it would never happen.

But as of late there really seems to be a lot of talk, where there is smoke there is fire.

I think we should run as fast as we can to the big 10. That 22 million a year with current teams, adding 5 more will only add to it is my guess.

22-28 million a years more than pays for the field hockey team to go to Rutgers or Penn State.

And I have always wanted Nebraska and Ohio State to play, Michigan would be fantastic, and playing Wisconsin and Iowa would be great games. I do not see the weak sisters any weaker than those we play now.

Kick the door down, get in there.

So many benefits I see, mostly from a fan perspective: A rivalry with the Iowa Hawkeyes, getting virtually every athletic competition broadcast on television, not having to play in a conference that's being dominated by the state of Texas. I'm on board. Hope the powers to be in Nebraska sports are as well.

Let's have it. What's the split on Huskerboard?

Should they? Yes. Will they? Who knows.

T.O. has two decisions in front of him right now. Time will tell if he is an Athletic Director or a Football Operations Director.

Most decisions made by the A.D. at big time programs are made thinking about the leading revenue generating sport. That is not to say that the non revenues sport are not important. But it would be fiscally irresponsible to pass on a deal where revenue could drastically increase for football because Bowling, VB, or Baseball may become less competitive. (Just used those sport as an example - People please don't think I feel we would not compete in those sports.)

I think what Nebraska SHOULD do will ultimately depend on what the conference realignment scenario ultimately ends up looking like. If Notre Dame and Missouri head to the Big 10 (as some scenarios indicate), we'd be fools not to go. You couldn't afford not to––to stick around in a Texas-first conference like the Big XII.

Nebraska is in a pretty good bargaining position with our football program. I hope Tom is taking the lead on this thing. Better to grasp fortune while it's there than to wait for the leftovers.

However, the poll is still about what everyone thinks Nebraska WILL do. :thumbs