Will Nebraska Join the Big 10?

Husker_x

Huskerboard Opinion Poll  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would we join if offered? Yes, I think so.

Will we be offered? I really don't know. I voted no at this point.

That was my quandary in voting. It's tough to say what will happen since we have no idea if we've even been offered, or will be offered. I voted yes simply because I think we would go if offered.

A co worker of mine went to an event where Dr. Tom was a guest speaker and they way my co worker put it, it sounds like NU is taking the move to the Big 10 pretty seriously.

I'm sure Osborne is serious as a heart attack. Loooot of money we're talking. I wonder how long before we know one way or another.

If we do, I will seriously miss the Big 12. If there's one thing I really hate, it's change. I'm quite fond of the Big 12 to be honest. Never liked the Big 10 that much. And then we won't even get to play Oklahoma twice every four years.

If we do, I will seriously miss the Big 12. If there's one thing I really hate, it's change. I'm quite fond of the Big 12 to be honest. Never liked the Big 10 that much. And then we won't even get to play Oklahoma twice every four years.

But we may get to stomp the sh#t out of the squawkeyes every year.

I don't know. I would miss all these Big 12 teams. I like the Big 12 style of play much better than the Big 10. We'd be going from a power conference to one that, frankly, kinda sucks, and gets no respect. And we'd lose the Texas base for recruiting. I really hope this is not true.

I don't know. I would miss all these Big 12 teams. I like the Big 12 style of play much better than the Big 10. We'd be going from a power conference to one that, frankly, kinda sucks, and gets no respect. And we'd lose the Texas base for recruiting. I really hope this is not true.

Im still hoping this isnt true. But the more I look, the more I find articles and such talking about it. Im stubborn, I hate change, especially the thought of joining a completely different conference. But at least Iowa and Minnesota arent that far away to go to games.

Let's have it. What's the split on Huskerboard?

Should they? Yes. Will they? Who knows.

T.O. has two decisions in front of him right now. Time will tell if he is an Athletic Director or a Football Operations Director.

Okay - he's failed with his most recent and most simple decision concerning Anderson. Now we'll see if he can redeem himself and prove he is an Atheltic Director by moving NU to the Big 11.

Let's have it. What's the split on Huskerboard?

Should they? Yes. Will they? Who knows.

T.O. has two decisions in front of him right now. Time will tell if he is an Athletic Director or a Football Operations Director.ote]

Okay - he's failed with his most recent and most simple decision concerning Anderson. Now we'll see if he can redeem himself and prove he is an Atheltic Director by moving NU to the Big 11.

Big 10 has twice the number of schools that will give NU a good rivalry/game each year.

Big 10- Michigan, Ohio St., Penn St., Iowa and Wisc.

Big 12-Texas and Oklahoma (TTU and Okie St are close but don't offer the same pop as the Big 10 schools do.

I still say we get to recruit Texas,Cali and Florida like we have been and then add all of Big 10 country to our recruiting base!!!

To compete nationally for championships we need to recruit all over the country.

I still dont think it will happen, but if it did it would be awesome for me. It means that I would have more reason to go to ohio state games, it also means I could watch every game on tv without having to buy the college game day packages, and pay per view......So yeah Id love it. Hopefully nobody I know sees this....but I think the Big10 total package (school, sports, fans) is better than the big12 total package. Big12 has some good programs, but overall its not as good. I know several have said it, but if Nebraska leaves maybe they could play OU every year. The only schools I would miss are Kansas and OU. (Im assuming mizz would leave with us) The texas schools can go back to being the Lone Star conference.

Oh and Im not afraid of losing recruits...because recruiting gets alot easier when you can tell an incoming player that you will be on TV every week in HD in pretty much every house. Where with the Big12 you can say....yeah we are on tv 2-3 times a year....and that only if there isnt a regional big10 game that takes higher rights on the national scene than big12 games for abc/espn.

If it is offered to them, they are NUTS if they don't take it. More money, and definitely more prestige. If the Big 10 expands taking in Nebraska and Missouri, it will kill the Big 12, and you will see other teams running for the exits and joining other conferences, including Colorado and Texas.

If Nebraska could get into the Big 10, it would definitely help them in the polls.

I voted yes...not because I like it, but because I think it probably should and will happen if ND doesn't join.

I think the only way that Notre Dame joins is if they think they are getting some kind of "special deal" or "special considerations", which may very well kill any deal with some other schools. But saying that, I also believe that the Big 10 powers that be believe that Notre Dame would be one of the crown jewels to make their conference complete. I don't think they will ever let go of the idea that Notre Dame should be in their conference, and won't stop trying to get them in until they succeed - then they may be sorry they did it, depending on the deal they made with them.

Tell you what ive been thinking about this all day. At first i was stoaked but now im like but all the teams weve played with for so long. Its like moving out of state and only getting to play with your old buddies every once in a while when you make it into town. Buy far its best for us to jump ship but im a tradition kinda guy so its hard to let that go.