Huskers vs Huskies on ABC

Nebraska's game at Washington on Sept. 18 will be televised on ABC, with kickoff set for 2:30 p.m.

The announcement was made Tuesday by ABC and the Pac-10 Conference.

It's the second Husker game of the 2010 season that we know will be on television. Nebraska's Thursday night contest at Kansas State on Oct. 7 will be televised by ESPN.

Nebraska has fared better in the light of day against the Huskies. Last time Nebraska visited Seattle in 1997, the Huskers beat No. 2 Washington 27-14 during an afternoon kickoff. Scott Frost had a big-time first half a week after some were saying Frankie London should be the quarterback.

The trip to Seattle in 1992 wasn't near as pleasant. That game kicked off at 9 p.m. central time and Washington unloaded on the Huskers 29-14.

When Washington is playing well, Husky Stadium is one of the more difficult places to play. The Huskies were 5-2 at home last year with wins over USC, Arizona, Washington State and California.

LJS Link

They didn't say whether it was a national or regional broadcast.

Update: Some games were announced yesterday, so here's the current TV schedule for that day.

Saturday, September 18th

North Texas at Army 11:00 a.m. CBSC (HD)

Arizona State at Wisconsin 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN2 (reverse mirror)

Florida at Tennessee 2:30 p.m. CBS (HD)

Nebraska at Washington 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN-GP It looks like it will be a regional broadcast.

USC at Minnesota 2:30 p.m. ESPN (HD)

Washington State at SMU 2:30 p.m. CBSC (HD)

Baylor at TCU 3:30 p.m. Versus (HD)

Boise State at Wyoming 7:00 p.m. CBSC (HD)

Notre Dame at Michigan State 7:00 p.m. ABC (HD)

Utah at New Mexico 7:00 p.m. MTN (HD)

Houston at UCLA 9:30 p.m. FSN (HD)

Iowa at Arizona 9:30 p.m. ESPN (HD)

Wake Forest at Stanford 10:15 p.m. ESPN2 (HD)

Texas at Texas Tech TBA ABC or ESPN

This just goes to show why our TV contract blows. A lower ranked Wisconsin gets a crappy ASU team at home, and they get a national broadcast...

Normally the morning and afternoon games are regional. The ABC night games are normally national.

Yeah I agree. Here's the BCS "competition" for that day.

Clemson at Auburn (Probably CBS)

Georgia Tech at North Carolina (Probably ESPN)

Iowa at Arizona (Probably Evening ESPN2)

Notre Dame at Michigan St and Also Texas at Texas Tech already have the ESPN/ABC night spots. There's also games like Arizona St at Wisconsin, Maryland at West Virginia, and a couple others that will probably have enough regional interest that ours won't be national. Probably won't be long before sites like http://mattsarzsports.com/football2010.aspx and http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/3 are updated with these games.

Normally the morning and afternoon games are regional. The ABC night games are normally national.

You forgot Arkansas at Georgia and Florida/Tennessee (probably the 330 CBS game).

I will be AT THIS GAME!!!

i'm flying out of honolulu (missing three days of work) and hitting seattle hard!!!

cheee heeeeee

anyone else going??

Yep we are, I was really hoping for a night game. Our son has a football game

Friday night so we are flying out Sat. morning. Landing at 10:40 AM. Meeting friends

that will already be out there. I told the wife looks like my tailgating will be on the

plane.

:cheers:wasted

You forgot Arkansas at Georgia and Florida/Tennessee (probably the 330 CBS game).

SEC games aren't on ABC. They only are on ESPN or CBS, that's why I didn't include them. Also, Clemson at Auburn can probably be removed because it is @ Auburn, which means they are they host school so no ABC.

This is great news for a couple of reasons.

1. No PPV.

2. 2:30 pm games = a whole day of drinking.

Yep, I'll start partying around 9am, then when we whoop their cans, I can keep partyin all night.

Although I was hoping it wouldve been a night game. At least it not an 11am game, not that it was possible, being 9am on the west coast.