Hey HuskerBoard, how would you feel about...

Nexus

a scenario where all parties involved agreed to allow Texas and A&M into the Big Ten along with Nebraska and Missouri? Keep in mind that the Big Ten would automatically eliminate any imbalance of power, so UT would be on a level field with the rest of us politically speaking.

Thoughts?

Why Texas A&M, other than academics? I don't get the attraction there. Texas probably wouldn't be considered because of the location and travel involved for most schools fans to go to Texas and for Texas fans to travel to away games. And I don't think Texas would get a sweetheart deal like they got going into the Big XII. I just don't see Texas being offered, or accepting a deal from the Big 10, they would be more likely to go to the SEC.

Personally, I would rather see Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Or maybe Oklahoma and Kansas. Or even Oklahoma and (here goes a really long shot, but they have a great football program) Northwest Missouri State University.

Absolutely would be for this. The main question of Texas recruiting isn't even a question if this happens. We get well over 15 mil more a year we keep the Texas connections, and we join a super conference (for adding NU and Tex squelches the strength of scheduele arguement of the B10). It would be sad not to play OU every year but we would need to do this, only benefits would come from this.

if I was to have any Big 12 school come with us it would be Kansas for the history. Playing for 100 years or w/e is now. I don't really want to see that end. I would be fine staying in the Big 12 if we could get a commissioner willing to even things all out between all 12 schools. Enough of this southcentric thinking. Move the championship game around. Even things out.

Then we wouldn't hear as much "running away from Texas" yammering. But that doesn't seem something that UT would do...they couldn't live with being on a level playing field politically. Its not their style

In my eyes, we are running away from Texas, but not in the sense some would think. Sure, we haven't had the luck beating them recently. But, from a political stand point, it doesn't make much sense to subject ourselves to a conference where they have so much say over what happens. Plus, with the inevitable passing of the Texas only t.v. network, things will become even more lop-sided.

I would much rather get away from Texas myself. I love the A&M fans though. I find the Texas fans very obnoxious and it would be nice not to have to deal with most of them. Other then that I don't really hold a grudge against them, because Nebraska beat themselves in some of those close games. My main thing for liking the Big 10 move is the Big XII has been so frustrating. During this whole time on expansion talk...they have done NOTHING!! Which says something to me...they don't have a clue on what they are doing. Plus they want to keep the CCG down in Texas...thanks for saying we (teams in the north) don't matter and I know the teams in the north are voting for that too which is equally frustrating. We have no TV network, thanks to Texas once again...so I have heard.

Sorry for the rant, but it is just frustrating to think we are in a conference that caters to the south (which is partly understandable). Back on topic though, I will take A&M, but Texas can go somewhere else. Shoot, I would actually enjoy it if Missouri would go with us...that is kinda comforting actually if that happened.

What do you mean? Wasn't Beebe's 'Why I oughta!' and 'Stay or else!' speech really shining on what a great commissioner he is?!? :hmmph

I could care less about any Texass school, it only sucks since they'll all say we left because we couldn't hang with them. I think after the Big 12 championship game Dolt McDoy wouldn't agree, but whatever. I really wish NU fans would get over the love affair with OU. They (OU) don't care about the rivalry that died with the formation of the Big Texas Conference, they don't want to play us out of conference, why do we keep dedhoarse ??? The past is the past. And as far as Texass goes, being independent would suit them great. This clip describes Texass great...just substitute Texass for Julia Roberts.

I could care less about any Texass school, it only sucks since they'll all say we left because we couldn't hang with them. I think after the Big 12 championship game Dolt McDoy wouldn't agree, but whatever. I really wish NU fans would get over the love affair with OU. They (OU) don't care about the rivalry that died with the formation of the Big Texas Conference, they don't want to play us out of conference, why do we keep dedhoarse ??? The past is the past. And as far as Texass goes, being independent would suit them great. This clip describes Texass great...just substitute Texass for Julia Roberts.

I agree with that. The interest in the rivalry seems to be much less from OU's stand point. Texas has and will always be their number one rival. Nebraska and OU never have the chance to play for anything meaningful, so it's a dead rivalry. It's nice to reflect upon, but it's time to move on.

Actually..Bringing Texas along with us as we take over..er..I mean join the Big Whatever would make me feel better..Wouldn't lose as much recruiting wise plus give us a chance to put the shorthorns where they belong on the field.

I'd even trade Missouri for them. Just to watch them get left out again. (Sorry Tuff)

Just not sure they'd stick around a bunch of spouses they couldn't boss around or abuse.

• Fire 1