SIGNED CB Charles Jackson

We have the # 6 and #8 cornerbacks in the nation now according to Rivals!!

But maybe even sweeter is two of the top three DB's in Texas.

And now four of the top 21 players out of Texas

sorry paul those numbers cant be right.....you did hear we are going to

the big 10.

:bonesflag:

We had to listen to one of two radio stations in trying to figure out where he'd go. But now we know. Texas prep cornerback Charles Jackson made the call and it was to a radio station in Nebraska, not Arkansas. So, now he's a Husker.

It's an odd way to find out, perhaps. Then again, you could imagine worse. Charles Jackson, a four-star-top-20 rated defensive back out of Collins High School in Klein, Texas, said prior to making his announcement that he would call one of two radio stations. One was located in Arkansas, home of the Razorbacks – one of the teams he was considering. The other was 1620 The Zone, a popular radio station in Nebraska.

Whichever station he called, that state's main University would be where he would be going.

It was Nebraska. And he talked about why.

"I love the school, the facilities, coach Sanders, coach Pelini, Tom Osborne. It's just a great program to be a part of," Jackson told Kevin Kugler and Mike'l Severe, the hosts of "Unsportsmanlike Conduct", a popular radio show out of Omaha, Nebraska.

Charles chose the Huskers over the Razorbacks, which he complimented in regard to their coaches, facilities and what not. But perhaps the thing that was the big domino that fell in Nebraska's favor was having a friend in David Santos already committed there. "Me and Santos are real good buddies. I'd say that played a part in it," he said. Another corner from his own state committing earlier to Nebraska didn't hurt either. "I'm excited to be playing with Tevin Mitchel," Jackson said.

The one worry many Husker fans probably had about a young man from the Lone Star State, was the impending move out of the Big 12 and into the Big Ten. Jackson said that was a factor early on, but not anymore. "I was worried at first. It doesn't matter anymore. As long as I get an education and win a championship."

Jackson's commitment comes on the heels of a bit of a flurry for the Huskers as they got a pledge just over a week ago from Massachusetts high school wide receiver Taariq Allen. That was followed by perhaps the biggest commitment of the class in Aaron Green, a five-star #3 ranked running back in Aaron Green. Aaron is the younger brother of a current Husker – redshirt freshman defensive back Andrew Green.

Jacksons' commitment makes that 16 for the Huskers, and Jackson is the fifth who is projected to play defensive back for the Big Red. Another member of the top 20 in this class who plays in the secondary is Tevin Mitchel, who attends Mansfield Legacy which is also in Texas. Jackson makes number five from the Lone Star State this recruiting season.

Link:BigRedReport

Not sure if anyone pointed this out yet, but Tom Luginbill said on 1620 today that Jackson is "the sleeper corner in the country." Nice.

Unfortunately, it sounds like he's a "sleeper" in class as well!

There always has to be one! Here's the deal on Jackson's pass grade issue: He came out of a school district that, how can I say, was easy on the grading scale when he was a starting freshman QB. His parents moved reluctantly to a different district which would've been a culture shock for someone from the hood, translation....alot less color then his prior school. There's also something called a "core GPA" which ALL athletes need to work on if they plan on college ball. Your cum. can be 3.0 but your "core" might be 2.1, you need 2.5 or higher. With that said Jackson has been working very hard in the classroom since his Junior year, so the climb has been well for Jackson. Let's not knock these guys because many do not know and some counselors will feed them to local JUCO programs instead of helping. He should be fine plus when he comes, Bo will kick his _ _ _!