bought this game yesterday, got a few hours in.

Not sure if I should focus on leveling up in multiplayer or the single player. Any ideas?

I played the online for the first time last night and had know idea what I was doing or what to do. You can free roam or you could go into the towns and join free for all matches or capture the bag matches. I roamed around and invited another person to join my group and we tore around the country shooting all of the other players.

I think that I enjoy the game playing single player more because I don't know what to do online and how to unlock stuff.

Bought the game a little less than a week ago, and am about 3/4 of the way through as of now.

I must say, it is a fantastic game. I see a lot of people singing it's accolades, but only one problem exists for me.

There seems to be a lack of linear styled mission set up that I feel is necessary, in some situations. For example, there is an ability called "Dead Eye" which allows you to slow down the game in order to pick and choose targets and have Marston shoot them. However, there isn't a single mission that officially teaches you how to use dead eye until you are almost halfway done with the game. I figured it out long before that, however I didn't understand it at first and I wish that the game had shown me something about it much earlier in the game.

Second of all, many missions can yield you more money or a harmless ending as long as you have the lasso. But, I had no idea that doing the Bonnie missions first would get me this. Ergo, I played a fairly good portion of the game (not being able to hogtie any bounties, criminals, etc.) because I didn't know how to get it. In my opinion, they should have structured the game a little differently in order to teach you the finer points of combat and in order to get you a certain object that could be very useful.

tl:dr - Do all the Bonnie missions first, and use the interwebs to figure out Dead Eye if you can't do it on your own. It's pretty easy though. If you own a 360, just push down on the right analog stick, put the cursor over your targets (hit RB if it doesn't automatically mark them) and then hit RT while staying in Dead Eye.

Also, here is an achievement for any of you interested. It is worth five gamer points.

First, you must have the lasso equipped. Find a lady in a town, and hogtie her. Then, put her on a horse, and ride the horse to the closest train track. Put her down on the train track (in the middle) and wait for the train to come by and kill her. It will award you five points.

And NO, I did not figure this out on my own because I thought it would be cool to tie a lady up and throw her on the train tracks. I actually had a buddy tell me about the achievement. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

bought this game yesterday, got a few hours in.

Not sure if I should focus on leveling up in multiplayer or the single player. Any ideas?

they talked about how great the multiplayer is, but i have been enjoying the single player so much, what's the point? i mean the mini missions alone and just riding and hunting are enough fun. but i did play in an actual team multiplayer once for a few games, it was pretty fun, but for me if you want multiplayer shooter go to modern warfare 2. third person shooters just don't make the best multiplayer.

For those of you that have beat it, what did you think of the ending?

*SPOILERS* (highlight in order to read) - I thought the idea behind the ending was cool, but I was disappointed by the fact that you had to play as his son in order to beat any remaining challenges you have. I guess it's not a big deal if you aren't going for 100% completion, but I was. Having to listen to his son's mannerisms was annoying at times. If the game could have ended right after Marston's death, it wouldn't been an issue for me. But, continuing on and playing as his son was just sort of frustrating to me.