Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 Tips and Tricks

Hey all,

Let's use this thread for any helpful ideas and or questions in relation to this game, since I know quite a few of you play it. I'll start.

Quick Leveling Tip

I discovered a good tip for leveling quickly (online), especially for those of you looking to prestige while you are playing. It's a pretty ingenious tip, but it has helped me bump all the way to level 25 in only an hour or two of playing.

When you can unlock your first few kill streak rewards, make sure you unlock Harrier Strike and Emergency Airdrop (Predator Missile, I believe, is already unlocked at the beginning). Your kill streak rewards will then be Predator Missile (5 kills), Harrier Strike (7 kills), and Emergency Airdrop (8 kills).

Once you get the eighth kill, inform your teammates and then find a good place to throw it down (find a wide open space free of any overhanging debris that your packages could get caught on). Also, be aware that wherever your red smoke marker hits, that is where the first care package will drop. Ensuing packages drop in a straight line behind the first marker, depending on what direction you were looking when you threw it. Ex. If you throw the marker while looking North, all packages will fall in a straight, Northern line.

Grab a Chopper Gunner or AC130 if it drops, but leave everything else for your teammates to get. Each package nets you a certain amount of points depending on what it is that your teammate picked up. For example, a UAV is worth something like 250 or 350 xp to you once they pick it up. Depending what drops, you could get anywhere from 1000-2000 xp from what your teammates pick up, maybe more if you let them take the CG or AC130.

Now, you must also be aware that Emergency Airdrop does not count towards your kill streak rewards, so make sure this is your last kill streak reward unless you really feel like going higher. But, a Predator Missile and a Harrier Strike will almost always get you the Airdrop, maybe even twice a game.

Happy leveling!

I will be trying this out this weekend.

OT: but I lost a game in TDM last night that we were winning 5800 to 4200 when a greedy teammate ran out alone and dropped a emergency AD, because he "was afraid the team would steal them", Instead the other team killed him and took them before our team could get over to help him. After 2 harrier strikes, a pave low & an AC130 we lost the game by 3 kills.

Thing is that all we do is protect eachother and would only take a package if he told us too or if he was killed. better your teammates get it than the other team......jackass. :lol:

I will be trying this out this weekend.

OT: but I lost a game in TDM last night that we were winning 5800 to 4200 when a greedy teammate ran out alone and dropped a emergency AD, because he "was afraid the team would steal them", Instead the other team killed him and took them before our team could get over to help him. After 2 harrier strikes, a pave low & an AC130 we lost the game by 3 kills.

Thing is that all we do is protect eachother and would only take a package if he told us too or if he was killed. better your teammates get it than the other team......jackass. :lol:

I hate stuff like that. I always look at the emergency airdrop as a boost for the entire team. If you're not going to ask your team to protect it, then there is no use having it.

so I gave this a try, I had just prestiged and started over at lvl 1. I was able to drop 4 yesterday. I only took boxes from 1 drop the other 3 I let the team take. Nice little boost on pts. I didnt have any big pt drops, mostly UAV and Counter UAV, but it does help.

P.S. I hate level 3 or higher prestige players who constatly use heartbeat and .50 cal thermal. :steam<_< I hate you stupid players.... :angry:

<_<:lol:

I know exactly what you mean, Fro.

I don't know what the deal is, but I haven't see this many people with heartbeat sensors and thermal .50 cals ever. It's pretty much forced to me to put the Ninja perk on my favorite assault rifle class, and I've also had to set up at least one class with Cold-Blooded, something I never really worried about before. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

You would think that the higher the prestige, the less they would use those things. But, each to his own. I personally hate the heartbeat sensor. I thought it was cool when I first started playing, but I eventually found that I spent more time looking at it than paying attention to my surroundings, and I died more often than not.

I know exactly what you mean, Fro.

I don't know what the deal is, but I haven't see this many people with heartbeat sensors and thermal .50 cals ever. It's pretty much forced to me to put the Ninja perk on my favorite assault rifle class, and I've also had to set up at least one class with Cold-Blooded, something I never really worried about before. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

You would think that the higher the prestige, the less they would use those things. But, each to his own. I personally hate the heartbeat sensor. I thought it was cool when I first started playing, but I eventually found that I spent more time looking at it than paying attention to my surroundings, and I died more often than not.

This is exactly what happened to me. Now I have replaced the heartbeat sensor with the silencer, which I think is a great addition to any assault rifle.

There was atlease 3 times yesterday when a guy who I had flanked caught a little beep on his HBS and turned to shoot me through a wall or had turned to wait for me around a corner. It was clear as day that without that stupid thing i had an easy kill from behind or the side. The thermals just annoy me because the game becomes 'who is the best at laying in the grass at one end of a map and shooting to the other'.

I have had to go to a super sneak class with silencers and ninja, jammer or whatever all the other stealth perks are. I did manage to get behind a couple of them yesterday and went around t-bagging on them before stabbing them. That way in the kill cam they get a clear picture of how I feel about them. :lol:

Silencer is nasty, but I have taken off all my sniper rifles. lost too many long range kills with it on. But you are right Richard, on some of the assault rifles it is awesome.

I stay as far away from silencers as I can. Generally speaking, my accuracy suffers too greatly to warrant it being attached. The only weapon I keep a silencer on 24/7 is the UMP on my knifing class. To me, for some reason, I feel like it has little to no affect on my aim, but I always struggle with the silencer attached to an assault rifle. Generally speaking, I use stopping power pro and the FMJ round on all my guns, even sniper rifles. It's deadly.

And I don't have it on my sniper rifles, either. It's too risky and the bad outweighs the good. If you are worried about being spotted, I suggest putting on scavenger and attaching claymores as your primary equipment weapon. Place one at the most likely entry point of wherever you are sitting and just claymore farm. That's pretty much how I go 5:1 KD ratio on estate. I claymore farm the top stairs and snipe out the window.