I have a suggestion. How about having one thread of "Roxy's Recipes" and in it you post a description of what you have a recipe for and that people can PM you to get the actual recipe? Might be less work for you and I think in the past you had to delete some to make room, so this would address that. And for people like me who use the "New Content" link to view all new/updated threads, we wouldn't have to sift through all of the recipe threads that we aren't interested in. Then again, it'll be more work for you if there are people who collect many recipes. When I looked at the numbers a few months ago I was seeing single digit views on most recipe threads, but now I see more so I don't know how many people use them. Anyway, just a thought, might be something to try for awhile and see how it goes.

One more request while I'm at it. Please use a better thread title than "Question". Think about how tough this forum would be to read if everyone started threads with titles like "Observation" and "Question" and "Newspaper article". Thanks.

Roxy I love your recipes and I love what Bradr is doing by posting a list along with links! I have printed out numerous recipes that I am just dying to try. Living with roommates, I only get one night to cook per week so when I feel creative(not lazy) I head to the grocery store to scramble up some ingredients. Everything I have made so far has been wonderlicious! I mostly try the casseroles, but have also done stuffed bell peppers and sausage stuffed mushrooms. I really appreciate you posting your recipes here and I hope you continue to do so! :wub::leghump::thumbs

I will continue posting recipes now and then- unless the administrator of the board gets alot of complaints from members about me posting them and tells me to quit..it would make me sad..but..I would never want to cause any problems. When I run across a recipe when I am working on my cookbook that I think you all might like...I post it. I don't ever want to be a pain in the you know what here:) I just want to help anyone who is tired of making the same old stuff and try a new recipe. I appreciate it alot that some of you have tried some of the recipes and post whether you liked a certain one or not. I really enjoy working on my cookbook and have found alot of new recipes that I would like to try. Now I have to go get my you know what in gear and clean the house:) The weekend is coming up and with it being Memorial Day weekend..there is going to be alot of traffic on the roads and yes..drunk drivers. Please don't let any of your family or friends drive drunk and wear your seatbelt if you are going anywhere. Huggssss

I will continue posting recipes now and then- unless the administrator of the board gets alot of complaints from members about me posting them and tells me to quit..it would make me sad..but..I would never want to cause any problems. When I run across a recipe when I am working on my cookbook that I think you all might like...I post it. I don't ever want to be a pain in the you know what here:) I just want to help anyone who is tired of making the same old stuff and try a new recipe. I appreciate it alot that some of you have tried some of the recipes and post whether you liked a certain one or not. I really enjoy working on my cookbook and have found alot of new recipes that I would like to try. Now I have to go get my you know what in gear and clean the house:) The weekend is coming up and with it being Memorial Day weekend..there is going to be alot of traffic on the roads and yes..drunk drivers. Please don't let any of your family or friends drive drunk and wear your seatbelt if you are going anywhere. Huggssss

Oh yes. The complaints. We get tons and tons of them. Flooding the Inbox, overwhelming the system. We've had to hire 17 new staff members just to deal with the complaints about you, Roxy. It's been terrible. chuckleshuffle

:);):thumbs :thumbs

You keep doing what you're doing. If it makes you happy, that's all that counts. Tons of people appreciate your recipes, even if they don't post here about them. Remember that we have dozens of unregistered users lurking here every day, and I see them in the Big Red Recipes forum every once in a while when I'm jotting down a recipe. So even if only a dozen of us here say we appreciate them, you've probably got a whole host of people who aren't even registered who appreciate what you're doing.

Thank you:) Why are there lurkers anyway? Why don't they register..I don't get it why people lurk and don't join. This is a very friendly board and we all love the Huskers:) Even if Nebraska isn't your favorite football team..it shouldn't matter..in my opinion anyway. We all love football:) Now if they blasted the Huskers, that is a different story...I may have to make a pie and throw it at them lol Naw....don't want to waste a good pie lol

Posted the recipes for nothing, hardly!

As knappic said, there are lots of people still looking at the recipes - even the old ones. I spend about as much time surfing pages there as anyone, and I still see people reading ones that are buried years back. Also, even if people aren't cooking them, you are giving people great ideas. Thats pretty much how I treat the board. I haven't actually made anything, but when I am cooking something, I will go through the posts and see if I can find a few ideas to tweak my recipes. I've used ideas from several of the dips, casseroles, and side dishes.

And regarding your posts, if b_tchiness is at one end of the spectrum, you are on the complete opposite. You have always been polite, sincere, and humble in any conversation I have ever seen. You are a model huskerboardian and make the board better with your presence.

• Fire 1

Roxy.

You mean we were sposed to actually try these recipes?

I thought you were just sent here to rub our noses in the fact that you eat so much better than any of us single dudes.

Sort of the same way I like to complain about our frigid 60 degree temps in the middle of January to the rest of you.

I was halfway watching one of those talk shows last week while surfing or doing the month old dishes..(Dr. Oz something I think)..They were comparing taste sensitivities or something..something that tasted slightly sour/salty to one group can taste totally bitter to another group.

Before that, I thought the picky eater thing was just a phase of life..being a picky eater as a child and always being the last kid left during school lunch. Because any kind of cooked fruit (prunes, all pies, stewed tomaters) would always trigger some sort of gag reflex, and there was only so much you could hide in your paper milk cup..then transforming into a teenager with the growth spurts/playing Football and getting so hungry, I'd eat things that didn't keep moving...then off to college/dorm food after gaining the "freshmen 15" from all the starch and then seeking out all things vegetable.

During so many years as a bachelor, I did develop a few dishes that I thought were my sure-fire go-to dishes to impress a date, but after I got married, I found out they were all just being nice and probably feeding it to my dog when I wasn't looking..Am I the only one that likes mixing Brussels sprouts or broccoli with elbow Macaroni and mayonnaise and tuna? ...or hamburger?

I never liked following recipes..the mad scientist in me wouldn't allow it..or was it the whole "reading the instructions as a last resort" thing when you're putting together your latest unpronounceable Swedish furniture piece from Ikea?

Where was I going with this?..uh..Oh yeah, the phase I seem to be in now that I'm single again..I almost never cook anything that takes longer to make than it does to inhale it...The last two months, I've nuked two or three previously cooked hamburger patties and tried to see if I can get each one with buns and some BBQ sauce down in less than three bites...every day..

I might have to think of something else next month as my "dealer" has been out of the patties the last two trips out to his secret warehouse.

I do feel sorta bad I googled a recipe last month without even thinking to look here for it. I was making a Milky Way cake for my Son's and my Birthdays..found about 14 different recipes and tried to mold/combine them with an overwhelming dependence on what ingredients I already had..Turned out a little undercooked, but it's one of the few things my ex ever complimented me on.

I dare you to try to make one..They're so rich that even I find I have to limit my intake..almost.