2011 Linebackers and Nebraska

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Man, if Stafford comes back and becomes a force, it'll have been a weird road from modest recruit to hyped player, to invisible, back to hyped player again. Everyone gets a little hype though, it's ok.

Huh? Are you confusing Austin Stafford, who's gone from the team and Daimion Stafford our Juco committ?

Oops. Were you talking about Daimion? I mistook it for Austin then.

Pretty sure Austin isn't part of the team anymore.

Man, if Stafford comes back and becomes a force, it'll have been a weird road from modest recruit to hyped player, to invisible, back to hyped player again. Everyone gets a little hype though, it's ok.

Huh? Are you confusing Austin Stafford, who's gone from the team and Daimion Stafford our Juco committ?

Oops. Were you talking about Daimion? I mistook it for Austin then.

Pretty sure Austin isn't part of the team anymore.

yea, definitely talking about Daimion....no worries Zoog.

I think we will end up with two. I know everybody is all excited about the peso defense right now, but not all teams run a spread. Bo knows what it takes to stop offenses and wants quality options. He is not a moron like Cosgrove who would keep Stew Bradley in against spread teams. Not a knock on Stew he was a good linebacker, just not for stoping speedy receivers. That being said I think we are trying to stockpile some Demarrio Williams(cliche I know) type Hybrid guys who can do both. That way we can play are traditional Base 4-3 against more power run teams(Big Ten), or play peso against spread teams. I think we get one High school kid and hopefully the JC kid. Who knows who we get in the end but i would bet it is someone with speed to burn. In the end I think we are asll gonna be happy with who we get regardless of stars on recruiting sites.

I think we will end up with two. I know everybody is all excited about the peso defense right now, but not all teams run a spread. Bo knows what it takes to stop offenses and wants quality options. He is not a moron like Cosgrove who would keep Stew Bradley in against spread teams. Not a knock on Stew he was a good linebacker, just not for stoping speedy receivers. That being said I think we are trying to stockpile some Demarrio Williams(cliche I know) type Hybrid guys who can do both. That way we can play are traditional Base 4-3 against more power run teams(Big Ten), or play peso against spread teams. I think we get one High school kid and hopefully the JC kid. Who knows who we get in the end but i would bet it is someone with speed to burn. In the end I think we are asll gonna be happy with who we get regardless of stars on recruiting sites.

By the JC kid you mean Moody from Fort Scott? Or are we in on another Juco LB too?

By the JC kid you mean Moody from Fort Scott? Or are we in on another Juco LB too?

Moody is the only JUCO LB we have offered so far.

• 2 weeks later...

We better recruit some more LBs with the move to the big 10....

How true, Sker. We wouldn't want people thinking our D has gone soft when they have to eventually compare us that iron curtain of a defense at Minnesota. :LOLtartar

Hey now! I for one miss Mr. Cosgrove. He's way better than that no name D-Co that we have now. Whats his name? Kyle Pelini or whatever. Come back Cosgrove! The Huskers need you! :sarcasm