Sporting News says Jared Crick is the best player in college football

here's what I want to know... we got Kevin Williams and we're getting all these other commits, which is awesome,... but only 1 DL commit so far... Thats the position I thought would fill up first... where's all our DL recruits? What are they waiting for? 3 spots left... who takes them?

Todd Barr? Gerrand Johnson? Isaiah Norton? Brennan Scarlett? Anthony Chickillo? Jeremiah Rasco? Jordan Phillips? Others?

Well, it is still very early. I'm sure some are going to want to play the drama out. Especially the already ranked top DLmen. I bet they also want to take those official visits come fall.

here's what I want to know... we got Kevin Williams and we're getting all these other commits, which is awesome,... but only 1 DL commit so far... Thats the position I thought would fill up first... where's all our DL recruits? What are they waiting for? 3 spots left... who takes them?

Todd Barr? Gerrand Johnson? Isaiah Norton? Brennan Scarlett? Anthony Chickillo? Jeremiah Rasco? Jordan Phillips? Others?

I can't speak for everyone, but it could be that some recruits don't like the idea of trying to live up to the expectations from a school's fanbase who just witnessed one of the greatest DT's to ever play college football. From here on out, every DT that comes to Nebraska will be measured by Suh. "Who is gonna be the next Suh?" is the question the media and fans will ask in the years to come.

Some recruits might shy away from such a challenge. Yet they respect and even idolize him, but to come in behind him at the same place where he achieved his accomplishments can be a daunting task to try to live up to.

I can definitely see that... but I would say even with the Suh shadow cast, the Pelini brothers are arguably the best DL coaches in college football... so I figured DL recruits would be jumping all over the opportunity to be developed by these guys, and jump all over the opportunity to play for a top 10 team that is known for a defense first mentality... they have a great shot at getting to the NFL, a great shot at playing early, especially if they're a 5* because we don't have many (like Florida or USC or Bama... who average all 4* and at least q 5* DL each year... maybe they don't think like me though... or maybe, like you said the Suh shadow is too much for most 18 year olds or they want to do all their visits and soak up their attention... If I was an 17 year old recruit i'd look at the sucess Bo has had with several DLmen, the success he's had at OU, LSU, and NU, and how quickly he's turned our program and culture around and say that's where I need to play... but then again there's still a lot of great DL players out there who are uncommitted... most of the Rivals 250... and several of those are very interested in us so I might just be getting caught up in my own selfishness of this class... haha.

Just think, if he does turn out to be as productive as even 2008 Suh...we'll be talking about the 2009 D-line as one of the best in history.

Actually Crick's 2009 stats is eerily similar to Suh's 2008 stats.

2009 Crick

73 Tackles

15 Tackles For Loss

9.5 Sacks

4 Pass Break-Ups

16 QB Hurries

2 Fumbles Recovered

1 Blocked Kick

2008 Suh

76 Tackles

19 Tackles For Loss

7.5 Sacks

2 Interceptions

3 Pass Break-Ups

7 QB Hurries

1 Forced Fumble

2 Blocked Kicks

At first I was going to say Crick's number were as good ONLY because Suh was Double and Triple Teamed at times. But then I realized you posted Suh's number from 2008 before he became a household name. Those numbers are really scary. And when you think about what Suh did WHILE double-teamed AND Crick still managing to put up those numbers makes me real excited to watch Jared Crick-Roll a few players this coming season. Good info!