What do you THINK is going to happen to the Big 12 now?

Not what you WANT, but what you THINK will happen?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm picking number 1 - too many worms out of the can now and the Big 10 isn't ready to make a move, so NU is going to need to make nice with the Big 12 and stay put. And soon.

But I'm really afraid of option 4. Goodness only knows what the Big 10 will ultimately do, but if the rest of the Big 12 folds before we get the invite, then suddenly we could be in some deep doo-doo.

I'm overwhelmed with all of the reports, leaks, true info, disinformation...that makes my head spin. But after thinking it over, rationally, I do know these things:

1. In my lifetime this is the highest amount of success that Texas has ever achieved in athletics, football, KU made their hoops program, and now with money. In any possible scenario out there there is zero way they can accomplish all the things I posted at the same time like they're doing now. They could make more $$$ but at the expense of hurting their football teams/athletic teams. Texas doesn't need more money and they like winning more. Do you ever hear them bitching about TV contracts and $ differences, NO.

This is exactly where Texas wants to be and this may be the final game of poker between NU/Texas. Texas doesn't need MU if they bolt, they'll just get replacement in possibly Memphis/Louisville and shove them somewhere. Problem solved and the Big 12 still has better negotiation power over the PAC 10 even if they expand with CU/utah. HOWEVER, Texas knows that the Pac 10 can't make enough money to justify adding CU/Utah for expansion. I've seen it multiple times, Texas knows this and so does CU, hence the moronic statement by CU's AD. The rest of the Big 12, Texas already owns them and they have no where else to go, except NU. Hence the final Poker Game (That Okie beat writer understands all of this). If Texas/NU finds out that the Big 10 ain't looking, game over and NU learns to live with Texas' sports network with or without MU in the north. If Texas/NU find out the Big 10 is legit for NU, that's where things get dicey (I don't know what happens). Texas can't lose MU and NU and find viable replacements.

The latest PAC 10 rumor was a preemptive strike/bluff to phuck with NU/MU's head and to jack with the Big 10 because no conference could top that from a money standpoint unless they reeled in ND and some other heavy hitters. This may cause the Big 10 to not look at NU/MU and pass on them in reading the tea leaves that the PAC 16 wouldn't happen and to look elsewhere for teams no in the Big 12. Smart move by Texas-imo. They really bluffed out the Big 10 big time by doing this and forced their hand. I don't believe the Big 10 won't expand now with NU unless ND is involved first as Texas/Pac 10 showed some of their cards.

This is just some of the things I THINK I know.......

NU holds the trump card in that if the Big XII wants to actually have a legitimate championship game, the Big XII needs to keep Nebraska in the North. Nebraska really is the only big money winner out of all the North teams.

I'm with a lot of people who think that this Pac 10 thing is a bluff to learn exactly what Nebraska wants to do (reaffirm it's commitment to the Big XII, or are we just sitting and waiting for a Big 10 invite). If the Big XII doesn't get the commitment from Nebraska, could realistically see the Pac 10 bringing in those 6 teams.

But whatever may come I do not see Nebraska getting left hanging out to dry, we make too much money (4th behind only Texas, Ohio State, and Michigan idk but I know we're ranked 4th nationally) athletically for a major conference to not snatch us up.

I'm with TMul except I don't believe the big10 is bluffed out by this. The big10 has a goal and they are trying to accomplish that goal. I still think they are going to either blow up the big east or take us and look toward the future. Adding texas may be a big move financially but it also comes with a lot of headaches. Texas will not accept a big10 offer unless a lot of things change around them and they feel they have no choice. The big10 means a lot more competition for them for one thing. Losing their status as top dog is another. If Nebraska leaves then Texas looks for a single replacement to strengthen the north. They'll do everything first to keep the league in tact.