What do YOU think NU should do?

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please back up your points, as Ohio State and the Sweater Vest seem to be doing well. Penn State has had a run of seasons ranked in the top 10 again and three years ago the winner of Michigan/Ohio State went on to the NC game.

I just don't understand this argument, do you really believe that the Champion of a league that contains Penn State, MIchigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and possibly Notre Dame wouldn't go to the BCS title game.

Of course the champion will have a shot at the title. Trouble is, the champion won't be us.

Back up with some facts why Nebraska would ever out-recruit Ohio State, Penn St., or Michigan? We won't any more than Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, or Minnesota have done. We're going to recruit better because of our NAME? Our FAN BASE? Ha. Dream on. That's an emotional response, but it's not based in reality. ANY program, ANY name, can go down the tubes. We've seen it over and over through the years.

We're out in the middle of nowhere without the Big 12, and the significant ties to south recruits that the conference brings will be broken. Heck, Lincoln would be our southern-most games! Sorry, that's just my take.

Recruiting is WAY over hyped. Kids are important but coaching them up is equally important. Nebraska was fine before the big12...why....coaching! I guess I'm not sure why kids would suddenly stop going to Nebraska because they are now lined up to play Michigan, penn st, ohio state...I just don't see the evidence supporting Nebraska making title games in the big12. How many have we been to since TO left? One. You make things sound like it's a guaranteed bust to go big10 but none of us really know...

Please back up your points, as Ohio State and the Sweater Vest seem to be doing well. Penn State has had a run of seasons ranked in the top 10 again and three years ago the winner of Michigan/Ohio State went on to the NC game.

I just don't understand this argument, do you really believe that the Champion of a league that contains Penn State, MIchigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and possibly Notre Dame wouldn't go to the BCS title game.

Of course the champion will have a shot at the title. Trouble is, the champion won't be us.

Back up with some facts why Nebraska would ever out-recruit Ohio State, Penn St., or Michigan? We won't any more than Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, or Minnesota have done. We're going to recruit better because of our NAME? Our FAN BASE? Ha. Dream on. That's an emotional response, but it's not based in reality. ANY program, ANY name, can go down the tubes. We've seen it over and over through the years.

We're out in the middle of nowhere without the Big 12, and the significant ties to south recruits that the conference brings will be broken. Heck, Lincoln would be our southern-most games! Sorry, that's just my take.

i can debunk your whole post with the words "iowa State" they are in close to the same situation as us geography wise etc. but we are better because we are NEBRASKA. believe that or not, it is how it is.

My vote is to stay with the Big 12. I think Nebraska will regret a decision to go to the Big 10 in just a few short years.

For one, recruiting which has already been discussed.

The second, I feel you will see a drop off of fans traveling to away games due to distance and lack of interest in the Rust Belt. As it is now, people can drive to and from Ames, Columbia, Manhattan and Lawrence in a day's time. Colorado gives Nebraskans to see the mountain which no other plains state has. Trips to Oklahoma are not horrible. Trips to Texas at least has many venues to see other than the game itself.

There is nothing in the Rust Belt. I'm a native Hoosier and the only real decent stopping point is the College Football Hall of Fame in a town that isn't even in the 'new' conference. Only Iowa City is close enough to travel to and from on a game day. Everything else requires lodging or a drive-all-night situation to return home. Fans cannot continue to support the Huskers on the road as they do now. In fact, I'm willing to bet on it.

Secondly, the 'new' conference games make decent home-and-home games, but not conference games. I want to play Michigan every year as I do Boise State. Sure, it's great right now, but the match-up will lose it's luster after a while. Nebraska and Michigan (or any current Big 10 school) simply do not have enough in common to justify the term 'rivalry' in the same sense as some of the current Big 12 schools. We just have nothing in common with many of those states.

I just can't justify a move like this.

I don't attend games to watch money. If money equaled football success, Indiana and the rest of their rust belt chronies would be in the thick of it every year. They aren't. We won't win as many games because we won't get the talent.If we go Big 10, it's possible that we will never again be a participant in the national championship game, let alone win it.We're letting our disdain for one conference member drive most of our decision, and that, I am afraid, will be our downfall.
I'm falling for the trap. Redneck. Do you think an undefeated champion of the revamped Big Ten would play for a national title???? Check yes or no...
Yep.I just don't think we'll be that competitive in the Big 10 over the long haul - certainly no more so than say Iowa or Wisconsin - there's not that much that really separates us from them to begin with once we make this transition. Hope I'm totally wrong.

Ok, then I am confused. In Big 10 in the Here We Come thread.... You posted.. In response to the strength of the Big 10.

ahhh the best laid plans. Aside from us and tOSU, I wouldn't put any of these teams in the "powerhouse" class. Joke is more like it.

You been wanting explanations. Your turn. Explain please. And one more? What is it you don't get about the CIC and the CIC money. You act as if it's something somebody made-up.. :bang

Yep.

I just don't think we'll be that competitive in the Big 10 over the long haul - certainly no more so than say Iowa or Wisconsin - there's not that much that really separates us from them to begin with once we make this transition. Hope I'm totally wrong.

You mean other than a hand full of nat. championships and arguably the best fans in all of CFB?

Yep.

I just don't think we'll be that competitive in the Big 10 over the long haul - certainly no more so than say Iowa or Wisconsin - there's not that much that really separates us from them to begin with once we make this transition. Hope I'm totally wrong.

You mean other than a hand full of nat. championships and arguably the best fans in all of CFB?

... or what separates Nebraska from Ohio St or Michigan.

Nebraska has more in common with Ohio State and Michigan than they do with Iowa or Wisconsin.

I would like to see the Big 12 stay together with some revised conditions(that I know won't happen, but NU should be trying to negotiate the following) such as; annually rotating the Big 12 Conf Championship site between the North and South, Texas scrapping the Texas network and using the Big Ten equal revenue sharing model under the new Big XII Network, and an annual game with Oklahoma.

However I am not completely opposed to joining the Big Ten, It would be great to see games against Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame. I do fear the with the 16 team conferences the Big Ten would fall to the third among the new Conferences behind the PAC 10/Big XII South merger(+ CU) and the SEC who could become even more powerful with whoever the wanted to add in (FSU, Miami, VT, Ga Tech, or Clemson). The Big Ten would pretty much be known as the cold weather conference, and it is already more difficult to recruit in the North when we do play in some warm weather games late in the schedule, but if we went to the Big Ten once NU gets into the Oct schedule the weather start getting cold, pretty much 3/4 of the games are more than likely going to be played in 45deg or less weather.

• Fire 1

Lets go...... Forget the Texas conference and if Oklahoma and everybody else wants to be run by Texas more power to them. Honestly recruiting and weather if thats the issues Id be willing to bet if a player cant handle the elements Pelini would not even waste his time talking to them.This is the University of Nebraska not Florida. We dont avoid the elements.I wonder when the last the U of F actually went north of Kentucky to play a game past October not counting the 91 game in the Carrier dome??? Look what happen in the coldest Orange Bowl ever GT VS Iowa. I would love to make a trip to "the shoe" or "the big house" and I will when make our move and leave those ungrateful, arrogant, greedy, texans for greener pastures. Good Riddance LAME HORNS....Im sorry I just get fired up when it comes to talking about Texas.

B-11/16

I'd prefer it if we could bring Texass with us so we could beat on them for some long overdue comeuppance.

This conference expansion thing seems inevitable. I know it's human nature to want to avoid change, but it seems that we "expand or die"...Good luck trying to find a home AFTER the dust settles and the B-12 is decimated.

If the CIC money wasn't involved, I'd prefer a move to the SEC or for selfish reasons, the PAC-10...Just for the competition.

It's a stretch but it's sorta like having a farm and you find out your neighbors are being forced by the bank to sell theirs.

Would you sit on your hands (ignore B-10 invite) and let a large conglomerate buy the land (Big-12 South join the PAC-10) or try to get the rest of your neighbors to go in together or even buy it yourself and put your neighbor back to work?

I voted Big 10/12/14/16. I wish Texas and Kansas, to some extent, would make the jump as well. Say what you want about their attitude, Texas is a great team that we owe some payback...beating them once or twice before the conference disbands just isn't enough for me.

I do have concerns about recruiting should we make the move, then again there is no guarantee the conference stays together even if we say no to the Big 10...seriously does anyone really trust Texas and the others will stay? That truly would destroy our recruiting.