will the pac10 b better than the big 10?

I live in Seattle. Remember the down-and-out Husky team beat USC and nearly beat the Oregons last year. The Pac10 is severely over hyped and the loss of USC for a couple years will not help.

Just remember, Arizona was the PAC 10 participant in the bowl last year, and remember how lost they looked all game.

The pac10 is adding all of the big 12 south (which was mainly the reason the big 12 was so strong ) to USC Oregon and such.

Are they gonna b better than the super conference the big 10 might make?

Thoughts?

HELL NO!! I hope Texas likes flying out there to play with the time change and all. And USC likes getting up early in the morning to play in Texas... Wonder if anyone really thought about the 2 hour time difference? Maybe they should invite Hawaii, too...just to make the misery complete.

No change for OU/UT. Winner of that game still has beeline to conference championship.

Different conferencee, same cast. Don't think Arizona, or AState is going to change that.

Championship game may be tougher year to year.

usc/oregon vs. texas/okie

meh

but i said usc/oregon vs. texas/okie

and i said meh...M, E, H....meh

The pac10 is adding all of the big 12 south (which was mainly the reason the big 12 was so strong ) to USC Oregon and such.

Are they gonna b better than the super conference the big 10 might make?

Thoughts?

No way. They will be good and we will be better. Ohio St, Penn St and us will be juggernauts. Throw in Michigan some years. I think when this is

all said and done by 2012 the Big Ten, Pac-16 or whatever and SEC will dominate for good and will all likely have 16 teams. The USC sanctions will hurt the Pac until then. I think we will improve the level of play in conference even more and the Big Ten is poised to play for many national championships. Gonna be awesome! :worship

I'm betting the Pac-10 will be the stronger football conference. Here's something I found on the internet from an old USA Today article. It broke down the conferences from 1998-2007. I think it holds some merit considering the SEC has won the NC each year since 2007. From here, you can see where the Pac-10 already ranks second. Now, by taking half of the Big 12 including the two teams that have won a NC in the past decade it makes an even stronger argument that the Pac-16 will be a stronger football conference than the Big 10. The Big 10 actually comes in last considering that Miami is now in the ACC. We could go back 20 years, and things still don't look real good for the Big 10 only picking up one more NC in 1997. I don't really think history going back more than 2 decades has much merit here considering a couple of coaches who notched NC in the last 15 years have already been fired or forced from their position.

National champions by conference

SEC (3) Tennessee (1998), LSU (co-2003), Florida (2006)

Pac-10 (2) Southern California (co-2003, 2004)

Big 12 (2) Oklahoma (2000), Texas (2005)

ACC (1) Florida State (1999)

Big Ten (1) Ohio State (2002)

Big East (1) Miami, Fla. (2001

I'm betting the Pac-10 will be the stronger football conference. Here's something I found on the internet from an old USA Today article. It broke down the conferences from 1998-2007. I think it holds some merit considering the SEC has won the NC each year since 2007. From here, you can see where the Pac-10 already ranks second. Now, by taking half of the Big 12 including the two teams that have won a NC in the past decade it makes an even stronger argument that the Pac-16 will be a stronger football conference than the Big 10. The Big 10 actually comes in last considering that Miami is now in the ACC. We could go back 20 years, and things still don't look real good for the Big 10 only picking up one more NC in 1997. I don't really think history going back more than 2 decades has much merit here considering a couple of coaches who notched NC in the last 15 years have already been fired or forced from their position.

That's about to be updated btw. 2004 (at least) is gonna be vacated for USC.

So not until USC can start recruiting professionals again in 5+ years to avoid the death penalty.

Till then its gonna be TX/OU dominating that conference and the old pac10 getting beat down like the b12 north when Nebraska was having losing seasons with Callahan and Cosgrove proving how genius they were.

I'll be really surprised if Texas and OU dominate. By the time everything happens over the next 2-3 years, I fully expect Washington to be back on its feet. Oregon will survive despite losing their star QB. Cal might very well pick up the slack once USC loses their 20 schollies. I think in the beginning the Big 12 South might dominate, but over the long haul I'm not so sure. It's kind of funny though that dickweed Lane bolts from Tennessee into the mess he's now inherited. However, he probably does have more job security considering most won't expect great things after the hammer has come down.

That's about to be updated btw. 2004 (at least) is gonna be vacated for USC.

So not until USC can start recruiting professionals again in 5+ years to avoid the death penalty.

Till then its gonna be TX/OU dominating that conference and the old pac10 getting beat down like the b12 north when Nebraska was having losing seasons with Callahan and Cosgrove proving how genius they were.

Exactly. Texas and OU are gonna bring some sick nasty defenses into the PAC, and with USC in a rut they'll just have to battle it out for who gets to play Oregon or wounded USC. Smart move by the Texas and OU I believe, they can come in early and establish a presence right away and just keep the ball rolling.