The move is a no-brainer

As one sportswriter mentioned, when Big XII commmissioner Dan Beebe gave the ultimatum that Nebraska had to make a decision by Friday there was no turning back.

Add on that their was unfair revenue sharing, the move to have the Big XII championship in Dallas every year, and that the league had shifted to the South with Oklahoma and Texas as the key power brokers left Tom Osborne no choice but to seek a move to the Big Ten.

I think it's only fitting that while Beebe made the ultimatum, we get the final word. We are Nebraska and we will not be bullied by anyone.

Good riddance Texas. Hope you enjoy those long flights to Seattle, Pullman, Palo Alto, Berkeley, Eugene, Corvallis, and Los Angeles.

Oh, and let's make this very clear. This was your dismantling of the Big XII, not ours.

It is definitely a no-brainer. But I was theorizing in my head last night...this whole expansion/move to a different conference thing had to be one of Osbornes stipulations if he were to take on the role as AD. Remember, he was only to be the interim AD. I wonder if Osborne told the University he would be their full-time AD IF he were allowed to explore the possibility of moving out of the Big 12. And as much as a conspiracy theory as this may sound, the debacle that has become known as the Big 12 Championship was the final straw for him.

What sucks is Nebraska is a member of the original Old Guard of the Big 8 and now we're leaving. That part sucks.

It is definitely a no-brainer. But I was theorizing in my head last night...this whole expansion/move to a different conference thing had to be one of Osbornes stipulations if he were to take on the role as AD. Remember, he was only to be the interim AD. I wonder if Osborne told the University he would be their full-time AD IF he were allowed to explore the possibility of moving out of the Big 12. And as much as a conspiracy theory as this may sound, the debacle that has become known as the Big 12 Championship was the final straw for him.

What sucks is Nebraska is a member of the original Old Guard of the Big 8 and now we're leaving. That part sucks.

What really sucks is the Big 8 left NU years ago. The Big 12 took more from NU than what it gave. NU and T.O. can't and shouldn't feel sorry for moving on up.....

IF (and it's a very big if to me) we decide to leave I, for one, will be very sad. I've been watching this conference since I was a little kid. (I'm older than dirt now!) I remember the Big 8 and how NU dominated it. It's just grieves me that we would think of throwing away all of our tradition. This is OUR house! Why are we the ones to leave. Let Texas go to the Pac 10. They will destroy it just like they did the SEC. They are like a cancer to college football. Why don't they just start their own conference and see how long they last. (frustrated here!!!)

Some people might not know this, but the late Bob Devaney tried to get Nebraska into the Big Ten years ago. He was born and raised in Michigan and his first college coaching job came as an Asst. Coach with Michigan St. His first signature win that put NU on the map was against Michigan. So it made sense why he was so enamored with the Big Ten.

In a way it'll be poetic justice that T.O. will have fulfilled what his mentor had always wished for NU. If Devaney were still alive to witness this transition today, he'd be proud.

Some people might not know this, but the late Bob Devaney tried to get Nebraska into the Big Ten years ago. He was born and raised in Michigan and his first college coaching job came as an Asst. Coach with Michigan St. His first signature win that put NU on the map was against Michigan. So it made sense why he was so enamored with the Big Ten.

In a way it'll be poetic justice that T.O. will have fulfilled what his mentor had always wished for NU. If Devaney were still alive to witness this transition today, he'd be proud.

Did not know that. Good info. Thanks!

I am so glad that Nebraska will join the Big 10 and go back to lowest academic standards so we can field the kind of football players we need! No need for passing grades, no need for brains at all! No more living up to the ridiculous standards of Texas!

Now, we can finally get into a conference that is full of Have-Not's, low-lifes and there isn't a Big Dawg in that conference - no one of the Big 10 schools have any reputation or history to uphold!

Tom O's right - we're gonna RULE that conference from top to bottom! Football, Volleyball, Softball, Baseball, Basketball - it's going to be Nebraska's conference, top to bottom! Tom O is SO right in fleeing into the Big 10! I can't wait to start pulling in all those fertile recruiting grounds. "Indiana R Us"!

I am so glad that Nebraska will join the Big 10 and go back to lowest academic standards so we can field the kind of football players we need! No need for passing grades, no need for brains at all! No more living up to the ridiculous standards of Texas!

Now, we can finally get into a conference that is full of Have-Not's, low-lifes and there isn't a Big Dawg in that conference - no one of the Big 10 schools have any reputation or history to uphold!

Tom O's right - we're gonna RULE that conference from top to bottom! Football, Volleyball, Softball, Baseball, Basketball - it's going to be Nebraska's conference, top to bottom! Tom O is SO right in fleeing into the Big 10! I can't wait to start pulling in all those fertile recruiting grounds. "Indiana R Us"!

What the he!! are you talking about?

What the he!! are you talking about?

He's talking about this -----> :sarcasm