@TTech '09: what happened?

Oh come on, Tech definitely deserved to win but it wasn't the thrashing some say by any stretch.

Folks have forgotten about the refs. Two of their scoring-drives were kept going by crap officiating(horrid PI-call and horrid noncall of holding of O'Hanlon on Tech's big 4th and one-run). We ditch the ball, flag, they ditch the ball, nothing. Both guys have hands to the face, we get flagged.

Handed-away at-least 13pts. Paul had his brainfart where he doesn't bother to fall on the pitch he thought was a pass while driving in easy fg-territory. Gillelyn drops a td. Henry had his stupid personal-foul inside their five.

Not to mention Paul's screw-up handed Tech a td on a silver-platter.

Sometimes the score doesn't reflect the game. Back in '07 BC got in some cheap scores on USC's back-ups to make that game seem closer than it was and ISU went toe-to-toe with us but had some goofs that allowed us to win by a lopsided score.

looking at the Huskers' 2009 results, this game stands out as an anomaly (in terms of margin of victory). can anyone tell me more about what happened?

did NU have a lot of penalties and mistakes that day, or did TT just simply play better than NU did?

the next week, Nebraska imploded at home against I-State. were people here calling for Pellini's head on these boards?

bo's...no

watson on the other hand needs to go back out to CU to replace hawkins.

The Husker's season last year was like some long Twilight Zone episode, except it was an episode that Rod Serling scripted for

a somewhat happy ending, after the main character had suffered an odd and trying journey. The T.Tech game was frustrating, and the

Iowa State game was a nightmare. Fortunately the end of last year's Husker thrill ride of a season made it worth while.

I think the general consensus after tempers cooled down was that the IA State game was a complete anomaly. Look up the youtube video. It was almost comedic watching that game.

I agree. I actually was laughing towards the end. It was ridiculous.

looking at the Huskers' 2009 results, this game stands out as an anomaly (in terms of margin of victory). can anyone tell me more about what happened?

did NU have a lot of penalties and mistakes that day, or did TT just simply play better than NU did?

the next week, Nebraska imploded at home against I-State. were people here calling for Pellini's head on these boards?

TT just simply plays better than NU lately. They had another lopsided victory over nu a while back. 70-10??

TT just simply plays better than NU lately. They had another lopsided victory over nu a while back. 70-10??

I refuse to remember that that happened :ahhhhhhhh

Coming from someone who has no control or real stake in the matter other than a biased observer, my one regret here is that we were not able to begin the process of redemption against the teams that took us to the woodshed during the Callahan years. OSU, Tech, TU, etc. It began against OU. Leach leaving left me a little sour. It felt like it was time to start aligning the stars in their proper orbit again. Or whatever.

Edit: Stars in their proper orbit. Isn't that a little bit like Blutarski in Animal House, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"