Nebraska Success in the Big Whatever it will be called

ADS

Sure it may take sometime to acclimate your selves to the new scenery and styles of play your facing

Flat and boring? Have you looked at Nebraska on a topographical map lately...? I'll let you figure out whether I'm talking about the scenery or your style of play....

Since when is Nebraska Flat?

nebraska.jpg

I know Nebraskans think it too.......... But the state really doesn't stop at Grand Island......

I know Nebraska is flat, thanks to dumb and dumber LOL! I was talking about the new surroundings of the B10. The big stadiums and atmosphere the B10 offers on game days, that's all.

Don't sweat it. We've got a few reading comprehension problems in this thread.

Edit - And 2/3 of the state is pretty much flat. West of North Platte or so it starts to get hilly. Barely. And a little along the Missouri River here and there.

I know Nebraska is flat, thanks to dumb and dumber LOL! I was talking about the new surroundings of the B10. The big stadiums and atmosphere the B10 offers on game days, that's all.

Playing in front of 90,000 people every Saturday in Lincoln should prepare us for that. Not to mention that Texas is nearly 100,000 or is and OU, and A&M are over 80,000 I think we will do fine.

I'm with you Jaws. I am a 30-year-old born and raised Nebraskan. Never heard it called "The U" before. I even spent 5 years living in Lincoln.

I grew up in Lincoln in the '70s. It wasn't THE U, like Miami, but the U, as its the only one around. Also the Interstate, the Lake (Holmes), the Creek (Antelope), the Zoo (Children's)

If you look at our history against the Big 10, it's not bad at all. If you go back 15yrs to 95, we are 8-1 against them and 2-0 against Notre Dame which is just like playing in the Big 10 :) . Beat Mich St. 3-0, Tied Penn St. 1-1, Beat Iowa 2-0, Beat Mich. 1-0, and Northwestern 1-0. One of those teams was a Clownahan team in the Alamo bowl against Mich. Granted we were pretty good during most of those years, but we are well on are way to getting back to that. Food for thought.

If you look at our history against the Big 10, it's not bad at all. If you go back 15yrs to 95, we are 8-1 against them and 2-0 against Notre Dame which is just like playing in the Big 10 :) . Beat Mich St. 3-0, Tied Penn St. 1-1, Beat Iowa 2-0, Beat Mich. 1-0, and Northwestern 1-0. One of those teams was a Clownahan team in the Alamo bowl against Mich. Granted we were pretty good during most of those years, but we are well on are way to getting back to that. Food for thought.

Ahem. Nebraska lost to tOSU in both 1955 and 1956. No other games played.

:D

I have been telling myself since this whole reallignment thing started that we could hang with the big boys of the big 10 (OSU, Penn State, Wisc) but something makes me feel as though Nebraska might struggle in this new conference. What do you guys think? Will we do great? Will struggle for a little bit? Maybe I need a tall, cool glass of kool-aid.

Nebraska won't struggle at alWe will consistently be in the top 4 of the expanded Big Ten. Ohio St and Penn St are the big dogs followed by us, Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin in most people's eyes I would imagine. Will be nice to improve our acedemic standing also with all the research dollars spent in the Big Ten. :thumbs

Ahem. Nebraska lost to tOSU in both 1955 and 1956. No other games played.

:D

Well Nebraska was pretty much bottom feeders around that time period. To put it into perspective, from 1940-1961, Nebraska only had 4 winning seasons. In '55 they were 5-5, in '56 they were 4-6.

In '62, The Bobfather (Bob Devaney) righted the ship and brought us 2 consecutive NC followed by Osborne's 3 NC between '62-'97.

Best winning percentages over the last 50 years (min. 500 games)

1. Nebraska-0.775 462-132-6

2. Ohio St-0.757 426-133-11

3. Penn St-0.743 434-149-3

4. Texas-0.741 430-148-8

5. Alabama-0.733 433-155-9

6. Oklahoma-0.729 423-154-10

7. Michigan-0.727 414-152-10

8. Southern Cal-0.722 416-155-16

9. Tennessee-0.693 399-172-17

10. Georgia-0.690 395-173-15

Most Wins since 1970

1. Nebraska 393