Big10 Divisions

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but it is very interesting.

Assuming the Big10 creates two divisions, how do you think the teams will be divided?

I was thinking they keep OSU and Michigan together- so therefore the other side will contain the other two powerhouses Nebraska and PSU. The next tier of teams includes Iowa, Wisconsin, Mich State.

Next, I think they will keep Iowa with Nebraska and Penn State due to geography (NU) and a mini-rivalry with both teams. Therefore, the put Michigan State with the OSU/Mich division due to MSU-Mich rivarly and geography.

After that I have no clue and would love to hear everyones opinion (huskers and the Big10 fans) !

Splitting up the divisions should be geographic. Strong teams come and go. Do you want different divisions for each sport - NU is not equal FB/VB as is BB - Mens not same as Womens. Also - how many teams do you want to plan for?

Edit: Was going to mention if you wanted balance in the original Big Texas league, tNU and KSUcks (man, I am going to miss typing that) would have been in separate divisions.

West- tNebraska, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Northwestern

East- PSU, tOSU, Michigan, M-State, Purdue, Indiana

Each Division has 2-3 (current) quality teams..though it would appear that the East would have the majority of 'marquee' names. This setup could keep some of the established Big Ten rivalries, and create a couple possibilities for NU...i.e. Iowa.

Just my .02 (if it stays with 12 teams)

a few ideas i have heard of:

WEST:Nebraska,Iowa,Minnesota,Wisconsin, Illinois, northwestern

EAST:Michigan,Michigan st,penn st,ohio st, Indiana, purdue

North: Minny, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan, MSU, PSU

South: Nebraska, Iowa, Purdue, Illini, Indiana, OSU

What i want:

Minny,Wisconsin,Iowa,Purdue,Illinois,Nebraska

PSU,OSU,Indiana,Michigan,Michigan st, Northwestern

Maryland would be the new Colorado in terms of no-class fans...again, u dont want Maryland

Cant say I really care about that. I mean, hey, we already have Iowa in here. Their fans definitely seem interested in jumping ship to the Big 10 as well. http://www.insidemdsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34195&page=34

Getting Maryland would be a huge deal since the big 10 network could boost its subscription fees in the Balt/DC area.