Kansas City TV news station reporting UT and A&M to the Big Ten?

Nexus

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.KCTV5's sources said that Texas and Texas A&M do not have to include Texas Tech or Baylor in their plans. Sources told KCTV5 that there have already been discussions about the two schools entering the Big Ten and that the agreement could be made as soon as Thursday.

Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said. TMZ Sports has reported that Oklahoma State is likely to accept a bid to move to the Pac-10. Earlier Thursday, Colorado accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10.

KCTV5's sources also said that some Big 12 officials are saying decisions on which deals Big 12 schools take invitations by the end of the day Thursday, although the deals may not be officially announced. Big 12 officials also tell KCTV5's sources that some Big 12 office employees are planning to be without a job within weeks.

Those decisions would leave the University of Kansas, Kansas State University and the University of Missouri with Baylor, Texas Tech and Iowa State in the Big 12. The Missouri Board of Curators met Thursday and planned to meet Friday to discuss the future of Missouri sports.

LINK

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would welcome UT as well as A&M to join NU in the Big Ten so long as they all agree that we're equal members.

I wouldn't worry about that. I don't think that Ohio St, Michigan, and Penn St. are gonna roll over for Texas. Football wise it doesn't make too much sense since Texas struggles with Big Ten teams. Also shows you how afraid Texas is of joining the SEC. lol. But i would prefer if Texas didn't join the Big Ten.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would welcome UT as well as A&M to join NU in the Big Ten so long as they all agree that we're equal members.

I realize that I'm overly optimistic in this consideration; but it just doesn't go that way in the Big Ten. In all aspects, the universities care a LOT about each other. The collective is greater than the individual (academically and athletically).

Another thing to remember here is that I read a couple weeks ago that ND would want both UT and NU in the Big Ten before they'd seriously consider joining. This might help push them towards that decision if UT jumps to the Big Ten.

Another thing to remember here is that I read a couple weeks ago that ND would want both UT and NU in the Big Ten before they'd seriously consider joining. This might help push them towards that decision if UT jumps to the Big Ten.

Just think of the big 10 network ratings and subscription fees if that were to happen, not to mention absurd amount of money that the big 10 contract will command.

Oh, so you play your 7 other division members and 2 members of the other division on a rotating basis for 9 conference games. 3 non-conference. Perhaps even 10 conference and 2 non.

East v West champions meet in St Louis or Indy for Big Ten Championship. Be an awesome regular season with those two divisions.

Notre Dame hasn't been relevant for a while. They would just fit with the Big Ten since they play so many Big Ten teams. Texas doesn't fit with the Big Ten at all. I doubt Texas would last long in the Big Ten.

The New Big Ten

Big Ten West

Texas

Texas A & M

Nebraska

Minnesota

Iowa

Wisconsin

Illinois

Purdue

Big Ten East

Notre Dame

Northwestern

Indiana

Michigan

Michigan State

Ohio State

Penn State

Rutgers

Thoughts?

I have got to say...that would be awesome! Why would anyone else play football except the SEC? Champions of those two 16 team "divisions" would meet at the end for a championshipl...32 teams...wow...albeit a non-professional one but could this be a possible direct competitor with the NFL????

i just heard from a MU buddy that the rumors are now that there will be a big10, big12 grab, plus ND for the big10. NU, TX, ATM, MU and ND to make 16. Just another rumor that is out there. I dont know what to think or feel. I really just want all of this to be over with. one way or another. my little heart just cant take it...