Big Ten Network question

Apathy

With the talk of Nebraska heading to the Big 10, I started thinking about the Big 10 Network. I have Dish Network with the Gold Package and all of the HD channels that are available. I checked the listings for the Big 10 Network and flipped it to those channels and nothing, they weren't even listed on the guide. I then hoped on Dish Networks website and it showed that the Big 10 Network is available in Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, and some parts of Penn and Indiana. I live in Nebraska but I'm right across the river from Iowa....so when will I be able to access the Big 10 Network?

Channel 610 on DirecTV

woot woot!!

what state do you live in

This was a long sordid ordeal for many of us, especially those of us living outside the Big Ten footprint, as I do (I live in NYC).

Fox owns 49% of the Big Ten Network. Fox owns DirectTV. So what they did was they added all of the Big Ten Network immediately to DirectTV, and then they put a few key games on the network for early in the season. Obviously, many people used to seeing every Ohio State (or name another Big Ten university) were up in arms. This was all according to their plan. Many people started switching to DirectTV. Eventually, this pressure led hold out cable networks, like Comcast and Time Warner, to add the Big Ten Network in certain areas. Now I get all the Big Ten Network channels in HD, etc.

My point is that it is not about where you live entirely, it is also about your provider's connection to Fox. Dish has no such connection.

Channel 610 on DirecTV

woot woot!!

what state do you live in

This was a long sordid ordeal for many of us, especially those of us living outside the Big Ten footprint, as I do (I live in NYC).

Fox owns 49% of the Big Ten Network. Fox owns DirectTV. So what they did was they added all of the Big Ten Network immediately to DirectTV, and then they put a few key games on the network for early in the season. Obviously, many people used to seeing every Ohio State (or name another Big Ten university) were up in arms. This was all according to their plan. Many people started switching to DirectTV. Eventually, this pressure led hold out cable networks, like Comcast and Time Warner, to add the Big Ten Network in certain areas. Now I get all the Big Ten Network channels in HD, etc.

My point is that it is not about where you live entirely, it is also about your provider's connection to Fox. Dish has no such connection.

So just so you know: Delaney is a shrewd, callous man. In a certain way, that is why I trust him with this expansion situation. . .