Boise St. Moves to Mountain West

i was just on espn.com and the headline read boise st. moves to mountain west, and so when i clicked on it the first sentence read bosie st. has just given the mountain west its 10th program. looks like the mountain west is going to jump on the expansion bandwagon to hopefully improve its confrence

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5276064

i was just on espn.com and the headline read boise st. moves to mountain west, and so when i clicked on it the first sentence read bosie st. has just given the mountain west its 10th program. looks like the mountain west is going to jump on the expansion bandwagon to hopefully improve its confrence

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5276064

This may signal that the Mountain West may want to move foreward as a BCS conference. Boise State is fighting for relevancy, and I don't think that they'd jump to another non-BCS conference unless that conference was set to expand.

I typically have pulled for Boise State but they have disappointed me here...move from one weak conference to another and you want legitimacy? They should have explored interests in aligning with a new Big 12...it is not like the Mountain West was going to reject them if they came later in the end anyway.

I typically have pulled for Boise State but they have disappointed me here...move from one weak conference to another and you want legitimacy? They should have explored interests in aligning with a new Big 12...it is not like the Mountain West was going to reject them if they came later in the end anyway.

I wouldn't call the MWC weak. They are a big step up from the WAC. I even think they are a better conference than the Big East. Also they are fixing to get a AQ to a BCS bowl soon.

I'd be interested to see if the Mountain West brings in the leftovers from the Big 12 here. You would have:

Air Force

BYU

Colorado St.

New Mexico

San Diego St.

TCU

UNLV

Utah

Wyoming

Boise St.

Iowa St.

Kansas

Kansas St.

If Notre Dame takes the plunge into the Big 10 then I think they add an invite to Mizzoo, if not, then Misery falls into this conference.

SheepdogMark