Why is Notre Dame so coveted??

I hate Notre Dame for an entirely stupid reason.

When I was working a summer job at an amusement park between my sophomore and junior years of college I was off work for the night, hanging out at said park with work friends, and had on my PSU sweatshirt. Some flunkie doofus that looked to be in his mid 20s said to me, "yo, you should get a real sweatshirt". I asked him who that would be and he said, "Notre Dame, they're the best. Penn State sucks."

I asked him if he went to Notre Dame. He said, "No. I just think they're the best". :facepalm:

And that describe the typical, open mouth breathing moron that flunked fractions in high school and wears junky Wal-Mart made Notre Dame clothing. A doofus that couldn't find Indiana on a map, let alone South Bend, yet somehow believes a Univesity is superior to another solely for the fact that they have a winning football team...and tells somebody as much.

Yeah, yeah...stupid I know. But after that I feelings of Notre Dame were solidified. I hate them and hope they never get in the Big Ten and continue to suck on national TV for the next 40 years. I was really sad to see the Tick leave, he was the best head coach ever. Proudly leading the Irish to seasons of suck. :corndance

They keep turning down invites from the Big 10 and i don't see why the Big 10 keeps going after them. Sure a lot of their teams play ND and fit well but they haven't been relevant in football for quite a while and if their new coach is any indication they won't be playing much defense either. It must be pure academics that the Big 10 wants them?

The same was true of a certain N University not too long ago. Remember N can't win anymore because fast kids from the South don't want to go to that cold blu-collar town? Their offense is obselete... the landscape of college football has changed...

Except Nebraska is getting back to being good while Notre Dame just wallows. Even when you had Charlie Weis and a star qb you couldn't hang with the big boys. If we can score td's this season i have no doubt we will win the Big 12. Hell if we scored td's last season we would've only lost like one or two games and won the Big 12.

When I was working a summer job at an amusement park between my sophomore and junior years of college I was off work for the night, hanging out at said park with work friends, and had on my PSU sweatshirt. Some flunkie doofus that looked to be in his mid 20s said to me, "yo, you should get a real sweatshirt". I asked him who that would be and he said, "Notre Dame, they're the best. Penn State sucks."

I asked him if he went to Notre Dame. He said, "No. I just think they're the best". :facepalm:

And that describe the typical, open mouth breathing moron that flunked fractions in high school and wears junky Wal-Mart made Notre Dame clothing. A doofus that couldn't find Indiana on a map, let alone South Bend, yet somehow believes a Univesity is superior to another solely for the fact that they have a winning football team...and tells somebody as much.

Yeah, yeah...stupid I know. But after that I feelings of Notre Dame were solidified. I hate them and hope they never get in the Big Ten and continue to suck on national TV for the next 40 years. I was really sad to see the Tick leave, he was the best head coach ever. Proudly leading the Irish to seasons of suck. :corndance

The subway alumni are the soul of The Family. I'm glad for them when ND wins, 2nd only to the kids in the stands.

I couldn't have found South Bend on a blank map during my first two years.

The subway alumni are the soul of The Family. I'm glad for them when ND wins, 2nd only to the kids in the stands.

Wait...hold on. You went to Notre Dame and you're admitting that, as a college sophomore, if somebody handed you a blank map of the United States you wouldn't have been able to ascertain within a diameter of your finger the location of your home?

...I think we can rule Notre Dame out for future consideration by the Big 10 on the basis of academic inelligibility.

its tradition to them to be independant. and fail to get with the times. if you have ever been to their stadium the bleechers are wood, atleast 50+ years old. They still play on natural grass and refuse to get field turf...all because its "tradition" they don't even have and video score boards in the stadium.

I'm all about tradition. Nebraska and Michigan are built of this sturdy stuff. But I'm also against tradition, like the tradition of gathering my sword, shield, and hoplite friends to do battle with Navy Seals and missile drones. You can tradition yourself right out of winning, which it seems Notre Shame has committed to doing. If they don't bow to Big 10 pressure, I hope when the final superconference picture takes place that have traditioned themselves out of ever competing for a national title ever again. Go ahead and play Navy and Army on NBC. But enough of this 10 cupcakes and BCS nonsense.

Tradition is very important. But you have to be able to adapt to the the times. ND is living in their own little world right now and think they can survive as independant in football. (all other sports are members of the big east). And you can build new traditions. under rich rodriguez there is something called the victors walk that the team does into the stadium before games with the band playing. If ND doesn't get into the Big Ten now and the Big East collapses/merges with the ACC then they will end up in the MAC.

When has the opposite ever been true of Notre Dame?

Wait...hold on. You went to Notre Dame and you're admitting that, as a college sophomore, if somebody handed you a blank map of the United States you wouldn't have been able to ascertain within a diameter of your finger the location of your home?

...I think we can rule Notre Dame out for future consideration by the Big 10 on the basis of academic inelligibility.

That would depend on the size of your finger. I flew in from New Hampshire. I had heard (and believed) that 'South Bend' referred to the curve of the border of Ind/IL so I thought I was @ 100 miles south. And we rarely left campus at all, it was our little world.

They keep turning down invites from the Big 10 and i don't see why the Big 10 keeps going after them. Sure a lot of their teams play ND and fit well but they haven't been relevant in football for quite a while and if their new coach is any indication they won't be playing much defense either. It must be pure academics that the Big 10 wants them?

they are a legend in their own mind.......don't get caught up in the hype, because that is all there is...