Ford Field wants to host potential championship game

I am cool with that...I think we will see a rotation and Ford Field is one place that should be on the rotation. I thought Jim Delaney wasn't really excited about a CCG though. You could extend play until December instead of November like it currently is and then skip the CCG...only because the downside of one is you might lose out on a National Championship Game. Like say, Ohio State is 12-0 and they play Iowa who is 9-3...Iowa wins and then you lose out on having a team go to NCG. I personally don't care either way...CCG or no, it makes no difference to me. Back on point though, Ford Field needs to be in the mix if they do a CCG.

CCG should be hosted out of Big Ten country, imo.

Play it in New York, Miami, Phoenix, Dallas, Pasadena, London, etc...

We are the Big Ten.

can i ask why? thats like working for GM and buying a Toyota. the general public might view it as our facilites aren't good enough to host a conference championship game.

Personally, and maybe I have an inflated view of the BigTen, but I feel our product is the best in the country.

I also always hear about how you need to play in markets to open them up for recruitment, etc...

What better way to do that then host your game the same way the Super Bowl does, in the premier venues across the country every year, in front of new fans and cities.

As far as I'm concerned, Nebraska/Ohio State or Penn State/Michigan or Wisconsin/Ohio State, etc... would sell out venues in any city.

When you have the clout, use it to benefit your member schools.

Plus, who in their right mind would say that the BigTen's facilities aren't good enough? We have 3 100k houses. The SEC has 1 at just 11 people over. The Big XII has one, at 119 over.

First, Rather keep the revenue in an area where the Big 10 is King and I don't want to play the game in some city that has no correlation with the Big 10 and then some of the revenue via hotels, airports, restaurants, taxes, etc stays in that area instead of Big 10 country. I'd rather the revenue go to cities struggling like Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, etc.

Second, I don't want to fly that far to see my team.

It seems to me the purpose of the conference is to promote its Universities and the cities/states that support them.

Taking it out of the area only hurts the supporting members and the fans of those teams. Yea it would be great if it was in LA, less travel for me, but it hurts the loyal fans ability to get to the game.

Ford Field, Lucas Oil, Lambeau, hopefully a future Vikings home. There are enough NFL stadiums to use for a rotation for the championship game. I'm sure you could find a stadium in every Big 10 state (besides Nebraska and Iowa) that would be a fine venue for the game.

Wait a tick.

Memorial Stadium seats 81K - Lambeau has 73K.

Does it have to be in an NFL stadium?

Also, would love to see the game played on an 'as needed' basis.

If a team has a 12-0 record and the next best team has a 10-2 record. Skip it. 12-0 team wins the Big Ten.

Ford Field, Lucas Oil, Lambeau, hopefully a future Vikings home. There are enough NFL stadiums to use for a rotation for the championship game. I'm sure you could find a stadium in every Big 10 state (besides Nebraska and Iowa) that would be a fine venue for the game.

Wait a tick.

Memorial Stadium seats 81K - Lambeau has 73K.

Does it have to be in an NFL stadium?

Also, would love to see the game played on an 'as needed' basis.

If a team has a 12-0 record and the next best team has a 10-2 record. Skip it. 12-0 team wins the Big Ten.

plus, being nebraska, we are talking about expanding on memorial stadium again...just finished construction on the last upgrade