UCLA Football: Is Nebraska out and Alabama in?

The changing landscape of college football may head into a new phase: schedule massaging.

UCLA playing Nebraska in a home-and-home series, starting in 2012, seemed a good fit until last week. Now, it would be a Pac-10 (or Pac-Whatever) vs. Big Ten (will they still refuse to count and continue with the Big Ten brand name?) matchup.

That may have both schools rethinking the plan.

UCLA officials will contact Nebraska officials Monday to see if the Cornhuskers wish to withdraw from the games, according to a UCLA source familiar with the situation who was not authorized to speak on the subject.

The Bruins still want the game, but an opportunity to play defending national champion Alabama in a neutral-site season opener in 2012 has developed.

Playing Nebraska and Alabama in the same season would be a brutal nonconference road, especially if Texas and Oklahoma join the "Pac-Whatever." But if the Cornhuskers opt out, the Bruins and Crimson Tide probably will have a date.

LINK

How about we ditch UCLA and it will be Nebraska vs Alabama

I wanna shot at UCLA to show OWA he made a mistake.

Good point, but i bet Owa wont even be a starter...i just don't see him panning out

What makes you say this? The kid was a good talent.

Kinda sounds like sour grapes if you ask me.

Good point, but i bet Owa wont even be a starter...i just don't see him panning out

hrm...this could get interesting...

Please stick to the topic, folks. The topic here is the discussion of the UCLA games scheduled in the future and how this will be affected, not the talent level of a recruit that spurned the Huskers. If you wish to discuss Owa, look in the recruiting section, I believe there is a 50+ page thread with discussions on the young man.

Thanks.

Please stick to the topic, folks. Thanks.

Tell me how many 5 stars on rivals actually make a pro bowl and have a good career...not many.

Sour Grapes? We will see. I'm willing to make any wager on this...any takers?

Not playing UCLA doesnt bother me at all, they can go play Alabama and get smoked. We would have no problem finding another team to take their place (preferrably no WKU/SDSU teams). I have always wanted to play north Carolina, or oregon I would much rather see them than UCLA.

Tell me how many 5 stars on rivals actually make a pro bowl and have a good career...not many.

Please stick to the topic, folks. The topic here is the discussion of the UCLA games scheduled in the future and how this will be affected, not the talent level of a recruit that spurned the Huskers. If you wish to discuss Owa, look in the recruiting section, I believe there is a 50+ page thread with discussions on the young man.

Thanks.

1995 Huskers, stay on topic please. If you wish to talk Owa, take it here: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/32842-de-owamagbe-odighizuwa/

Thanks.

Thanks.

1995 Huskers, stay on topic please. If you wish to talk Owa, take it here: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/32842-de-owamagbe-odighizuwa/

Thanks.

Oh thank you kind sir :sarcasm

I agree with Oregon, SEC schools, Florida State, etc...Im sick of WKU, North Dakota State? come on!!!

Playing Nebraska and Alabama in the same season would be a brutal nonconference road, especially if Texas and Oklahoma join the "Pac-Whatever." But if the Cornhuskers opt out, the Bruins and Crimson Tide probably will have a date.

So I'm reading this as UCLA wants to ditch the Cornhuskers for an easier Alabama game.

No way UCLA with Neu-fo'sizzle gets the conference championship - even without OU and UTerus

i don't get why the guy makes a point about conferences anyhow. NU v. UCLA is NU v. UCLA, whatever conference they are in. but, yeah i also don't know why they would rather play Bama over NU, both games will be hard, and both games will likely be against top ten teams ( :koolaid2: ).

UCLA playing Nebraska in a home-and-home series, starting in 2012, seemed a good fit until last week. Now, it would be a Pac-10 (or Pac-Whatever) vs. Big Ten (will they still refuse to count and continue with the Big Ten brand name?) matchup.

Exactly what does Pac10 vs Big10 have to do with anything in this conversation? Sounds to me like the possibility of a Bama matchup is entirely separate. UCLA figures they'll get more national exposure playing an SEC school rather than a Big 10 school. That's the only relevance I can see with the quote above. Am I right?