Texas Leaning Towards Big 12 Deal

DJR313

Dan Wetzel's twitter:

Where is B12 getting additional TV money? w/o title game only major TV property is UT-OU, played at 11am local in early Oct.

:yeah

Beebe must've pulled a slick move on the have-nots by telling them that they'd be raking in 17 million. Regardless though, UT stands to make the largest chunk of whatever the final figures end up being. We already know that.

Close. UT told Beebe what to tell everyone else so they would be enticed to say. UT has their hand up Beebe's ass. He's nothing more than a hand puppet and mouth piece for UT. UT knows if they keep the B12 alive, they still hold the power. Going to the SEC or Pac-10 minimizes their power tremendously IMO. UT doesn't like that.

Dan Wetzel's twitter:

Where is B12 getting additional TV money? w/o title game only major TV property is UT-OU, played at 11am local in early Oct.

:yeah

Beebe must've pulled a slick move on the have-nots by telling them that they'd be raking in 17 million. Regardless though, UT stands to make the largest chunk of whatever the final figures end up being. We already know that.

Close. UT told Beebe what to tell everyone else so they would be enticed to say. UT has their hand up Beebe's ass. He's nothing more than a hand puppet and mouth piece for UT. UT knows if they keep the B12 alive, they still hold the power. Going to the SEC or Pac-10 minimizes their power tremendously IMO. UT doesn't like that.

harsh.jpg

the frog is beebe, the hand is TU.

Boy am I psycho

I posted this yesterday:

This is just a clever ploy by Texas to get more money from the left over north teams

Texas: "Me and my posse are blowing this loser conference"

KU, KSU, ISU, MU: "No, no. Don't leave us, please don't leave us. We will do anything"

Texas: "Well, I don't know. Maybe I might be nice and stay IF I get say, maybe 75% of each of your conference earnings"

KU, KSU, ISU, MU: "Oh, yes, yes anything you say"

Texas: "And to show you how nice I am, we will get a conference TV network"

KU, KSU, ISU, MU: "You mean it?"

Texas: "Yes, but it will be called Bevo TV, and I will get 100% of the profits. Fine with that?"

KU, KSU, ISU, MU: "Um, sure, we guess so"

Texas: "And one more thing. KU, about your ownership of all those basketball national titles . . . "

Why in the hell should texas be able to get their own tv network, and be able to get more money while everyone else will be stuck making much much less!!!

I am glad we bolted for the Big 10 plus 2. It amazes me that they (texass) would demand a larger share of this pie if they stay. It goes against everything the Big 10 plus 2 has as their code of ethics.

Let them ride the crappy storm down the drain.

Well, now you're about to make 22mil, 3mil shy of what Texas might make, and your academics rating just went up. Hate Texas all you want but the rest of the big12 is jealous, I'm betting.

Maybe I misunderstood, but isn't texass getting $20-25mil just from the TV deal? And in the Big Ten, schools got $20mil total? So wouldn't it be in addition to what they already got from the Big XII?

The love on bb goes both ways

From a Longhorn message board

Again... Beebee is trying to save his job. The last second offer is pure D crap. If there was a more lucrative package to be had by this conference, why wait until now to spring it? That was supposed to have been something he did from the onset.

He reminds me of the CEO who is entrusted with a large company. Instead of providing direction and maximizing all revenue streams, he waits until his company is all but bought up by the competitors, and NOW, in the 12th hour, he has ideas.

FRAK him and his offer.

I have always wanted to visit the north east (seen the south and south east), and California. Here's my excuse.

SEEYA' BIG 12!

And... Nebraska...00:00.1

peace

Link

And the OP's post

We have sat around on our asses and let everybody make their move. Meanwhile, we have a sweet deal with the PACX all laid out, and the stupid aggies want to go the SEC...a heavenly situation indeed.

Now, we've opened the door for the failed Big XII, sans Nebraska and Colorado, to be revived from the dead on a wish and a promise from the dickless Beebe. We look stupid. We look manipulative. We look indecisive. Hell, Vince had to punch out some okie for giving him the upside down hook 'em over the weekend. TCU is on the front page of the DMN with one of their idiots giving the upside down hook 'em.

People around here sure relish it when we look bad. We need to take the true believers and get the hell out of this God forsaken part of the country. We need to frickin decide something....today...and get on with it before the damn Tower collapses.

If it was ordained months ago, I don't understand why we didn't announce a move to the PACX last friday. What's up with all this stalling around. DeLoss, Bill, if you guys F this up, there is going to be hell to pay.

Well, now you're about to make 22mil, 3mil shy of what Texas might make, and your academics rating just went up. Hate Texas all you want but the rest of the big12 is jealous, I'm betting.

Maybe I misunderstood, but isn't texass getting $20-25mil just from the TV deal? And in the Big Ten, schools got $20mil total? So wouldn't it be in addition to what they already got from the Big XII?

Consider the source: orangeblood.com quoting bb

Maybe ABC/ESPN came riding in on their white horse and threw money at Texas and Co. to remain in the conference, but this is not a long-term solution. They will have to add two teams to get that CCG payday, and they've already got Missouri with one foot out the door. The Big 10 is likely not done, so in a few months when expansion rears its ugly head once again, this conference fractures.

Colorado and Nebraska were brilliant to get out while the gettin's good. Nebraska more so by weight of where they landed, but CU wasn't too fool to read the tea leaves and see what was coming.

Money rules this sport now. The genie isn't going back in the bottle. The dregs of this conference don't carry enough weight to make a viable conference on their own.