BYU and Air Force to the Big 12?

Nexus

:ahhhhhhhh

Looks like Big12 will be back to 12. BYU and Air Force will be invited to replace NU and CU by Wed. Texas/Okla schools are all on board.

LINK

so was all this so TU could get bevoTV. that is what i am starting to believe. TU bluffed and threatened to leave with half the big 12 if they did not get what they wanted. fortunately NU and CU knew better, but the rest got cornered into a dire situation willing to concede whatever to TU, and now TU gets whatever it wants, and the only collateral damage is BYU and Air Force for NU and CU.

Air Force is quite capable of beating most teams in the Big 12 and BYU has proven in its history of playing with most folks as well. Although I would be shocked if this does happen, mainly because of the exclusion of TCU, I don't think it dillutes the conference enough to keep it from BCS status.

Does that mean someone like Utah gets picked up by the Pac 10, so everyone can have CCGs?

Utah is very likely the next school Pac-10 bound.

Funny how last week MWC was talking about getting whatever leftovers from the Big 12 as a possibility, now this week their own conference is under siege. :facepalm:

Air Force is quite capable of beating most teams in the Big 12 and BYU has proven in its history of playing with most folks as well. Although I would be shocked if this does happen, mainly because of the exclusion of TCU, I don't think it dillutes the conference enough to keep it from BCS status.

Any given Saturday....

TCU would make more sense to me because TCU has proven the CAN beat Big 12 teams (re: OU)

BYU recently beat OU as well. BYU is a nice pickup if you don't mind the religious affiliation (the Big 12 already has Baylor). TCU has a small enrollment. I believe Air Force is a rather poor choice. I believe their national appeal is overrated. I would certainly try to get Utah. Failing that, I would go after Houston. They have a large enrollment and are building a new on campus stadium.

BYU is a new market, Airforce is to "get" colorado (not that it does). TCU just cannibalizes. Frankly, Baylor is bad for that reason too, they bring nothing. Butthey are in, so they aint goin....

I not sayin I for it, although I like a BYU add. That is a national brand that attracts way beyond their Utah base. I woud not kick anyone out, but had only CU left and we added BYU, I would have been ok with that trade from a league value perspective. What sux is losing you guys....

BYU is a new market, Airforce is to "get" colorado (not that it does). TCU just cannibalizes. Frankly, Baylor is bad for that reason too, they bring nothing. Butthey are in, so they aint goin....

I not sayin I for it, although I like a BYU add. That is a national brand that attracts way beyond their Utah base. I woud not kick anyone out, but had only CU left and we added BYU, I would have been ok with that trade from a league value perspective. What sux is losing you guys....

I think you nailed. This is not about who the better teams are...but about media markets. Salt Lake and Denver/Springs. Air Force and BYU are not great, but are decent teams.

I think you nailed. This is not about who the better teams are...but about media markets. Salt Lake and Denver/Springs. Air Force and BYU are not great, but are decent teams.

is there something wrong with csu?