Which Big 10 school will be Neb biggest rival???

i dont really know what went on in '94,

94 the Huskers won the BCS but Big Ten wasn't a part of the BCS, they didn't want to lose the Rose Bowl connection. So Penn State went undefeated, but couldn't play the Huskers, and didn't get the cool Sears Trophy

Actually, 1982 could help fuel the fire more for me.

Penn state and the infamous "Catch out of bounds with 9 seconds left." PSU 27 NU 24. That was the Huskers' only loss in 1982, Penn State lost two weeks later at Bama 42-21. PSU came back to beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and claim the national title. SMU was second,and NU beat LSU in the Orange and was 3rd.

In 83 Huskers got revenge in the Kick Off Classic, trouncing the Nittany Lions 44-6.

Here's the video of the "catch":

bcs was started in 98...or the bcs as we know it...

I know there is 50 million threads about this already but which school do we all want to see be our end all rival, will it start a new trophy and what would that be???

50 million and one.

rivalries are made on the field. not on message boards.

that's why they play the games.

let's see who develops as a rival...

• Fire 1

Ok so of those teams will there be a trophy between one of those schools and us?? Now that we have killed our Mizzu, Neb bell, how do we start a new one up and with whoo??

Too bad Texas isn't coming to the Big 10 (not really)

Take the NU/MU bell, fill it with fake beef, refried beans, lettuce and cheese: Taco Bell

Ok so of those teams will there be a trophy between one of those schools and us?? Now that we have killed our Mizzu, Neb bell, how do we start a new one up and with whoo??

Too bad Texas isn't coming to the Big 10 (not really)

Take the NU/MU bell, fill it with fake beef, refried beans, lettuce and cheese: Taco Bell

that would work perfectly for texas

I'm hoping for a cross-river rivalry with Iowa just because it's fun and I have an uncle in Iowa that I would love to rub a ton of wins in his face lol...I also thought a Big Red Rivalry with Wisconsin could be fun, mostly just because I like the program...Penn St. gives us a fun Volleyball rivalry to be sure!

DT

edit: the trophy for wisconsin could have something to do with cheese and corn? lol I got nothin

1982 is too far back for me since I was born in 1973. But that was clearly a bogus call and a legit beef for Nebraska.

First time I ever heard or saw this from a PSU fan. This needs to be a sticky post.

Meh, I want a clean game for just this reason. I don't want to be second guessed for the next 30 years. I can think of a LOT of crappy arse calls that have cost us HUGE over the last how many seasons prior to the instant replay. It sucks. Paterno has always pushed for instant replay and for good reason. I don't like when it goes against us, it shouldn't go against our opponents, either.

Seeing that play...yeah, that sucks for sure.

I'm hoping for a cross-river rivalry with Iowa just because it's fun and I have an uncle in Iowa that I would love to rub a ton of wins in his face lol...I also thought a Big Red Rivalry with Wisconsin could be fun, mostly just because I like the program...Penn St. gives us a fun Volleyball rivalry to be sure!

DT

edit: the trophy for wisconsin could have something to do with cheese and corn? lol I got nothin

A bucket of cheesy popcorn?

DT

Can a pierogi have corn and cheese in it? Mmm Pierogi Bowl.

Or how about a Runza?

I think it is odd that you guys complain about "manufactured" rivalries. All rivalries were manufactured at some point. Recipe for rivalry:

1) Any competitive reason at all

2) Time

Really. MOST rivalries even start out of territorial proximity (OU, guys) and I don't see how it would be any different for Iowa. Clearly the people in the border region are already experiencing tensions among their family and coworkers and such. It seems like a natural rivalry to me.

I think it is odd that you guys complain about "manufactured" rivalries. All rivalries were manufactured at some point. Recipe for rivalry:

1) Any competitive reason at all

2) Time

Really. MOST rivalries even start out of territorial proximity (OU, guys) and I don't see how it would be any different for Iowa. Clearly the people in the border region are already experiencing tensions among their family and coworkers and such. It seems like a natural rivalry to me.

i think ou/tu was a matter of geography. nu/ou was a matter of us both being in the top 5 (if not top 2), but that is why it floundered. when the teams were not good, no one cared (and that is why ou was willing to let it go, there rivalry with ut will always be there because of geography, and if they are both in contention for a mnc, all the better). i think iowa will work as a rivalry because of proximity and the fans want it so bad. for me there are a few ways to create a rival. geography, close games, mutual disrespect/respect of fans. i think the fans want it, so the media will bolster it, so the players will care, so the fans will care more, and so on and so forth.