buyer's remorse

oops, i thought this thread was about the PAC 10 getting CU, sorry.

the more I listen to these pressers and the sportsradio here in KC, the better I feel about this. Its hard to fathom how unbalanced the Big Texas...Err Big 12,,,or 10 or whatever is fixen to look. No signed agreement, no signed TV deal..just betting on TU "taking care of everyone" I do not think anyone in it, including the schools, the fans or the press now believe they are in a better place than before the break up.there's a lot of talk about MU, KU, KSU even having a chance to compete anymore in football. In Basketball it could be fabulous, but not football . every year this is gonna come down to TU/OU for the chance at the National Championship and the consolation prize maybe a BCS bowl. the rest of the schools??? in the old days it was called the Blue bonnet bowl...

I feel absolutely no remorse about making the move to the Big X and wish sCum all the luck in the Pac 10 yeah right. I also think that Dr. Tom and Ch. Perlman did the only thing that really mattered and took care of the stability of our beloved Husker teams and academics. bottom line.

Those of us that are out of stater fans shouldn't feel slighted in the least. We're still all family in the BIG RED. Damn, I was born in Lincoln anyway.

GBR GBR GBR

SOCAL HUSKERS yayayayayayayayayay

my mind agrees with you all that in the end this is a good move for nebraska university and nebraska football, but my heart hates what has happened.

huKSer, in response to you i have been told by others in this board that since i moved out of nebraska i "moved" away from my team and not living in ne. therefore the KC scene does not matter.

i realize it is the usual small town thinking and those people not realize how big husker football is really nationally.

It's kind of like breaking up with your girlfriend. It sucks...until the next hot chick comes along then you forget all about the sneaky-snake, underhanded, over-demanding, two-faced crap that skank of a ho pulled on you.

I know....I have an ex-wife

Ahahaha...man I knew that was a little personal when I was reading it and then you said the ex-wife. We have all been there, but that was funny stuff. :thumbs

Personally I hate to leave the Big12 because I don't think the Big10 plays football at the same level as the Big12. It seems like whenever the Big10 plays in a BCS game they don't play well (correct me if wrong). I think that Big10 football is the most boring brand....I hate watching it. I realize that monetarily it is the best move for the program, but i still hate to leave. I will also miss all of the traditional rivalries we have in the Big12. Another thing i will miss is being the underdog every time we played the powerhouses of the south, it makes victory that much sweeter. Finally, I really think it hurts recruiting in Texas. There is talent in Big10 recruiting land, but nothing like that of Texas.

You must not check your' statistics cause the Big 12 has been miserable in BCS games. Look no further than Oklahoma's 2-5 record and that's the conferences second best team. Texas has held the fort down for the conference in BCS games with a 3-1 record. I'd say a 10-11 record is better than a 7-10 record. And besides the Big Ten by far gets the worst matchups when it comes to the bowl games cause for the past decade you most likely were playing USC "AT" the Coliseum(home field without a doubt) or some SEC team in their' territory. I'd like to see the Big 12 do that and come out with the record the Big Ten's had. You'll see when the new Big Ten starts and you'll realize everything we have. And you say you hate the brand of football the Big Ten plays...then you must not be a real Nebraska fan cause Nebraska plays the EXACT brand of football that teams in the Big Ten play. As for recruiting, the usual top teams in the nation for high school football recruiting are Texas, California, Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. 2 teams in the annual top 5 isn't nothing to just brush off like it's some non deal

I disagree with the bolded part. While our offense is in a state of flux, our defense is good and hopefully getting better. If we use a spread-style offense, it will not big "old fashioned" Big 10 style, but if we go to an offense similar to Alabama it will be (which I don't prefer).

While I really don't know much about the defenses run in the Big 10, if they at all resemble that piece of crap that Cosgrove brought to NU, there is no way that the Big 10 defenses have anything in common with our current defense.

Back in the 90's, even though NU had a power running/option offense, the only Big 10 team I remember having anything similar was Indiana. Our defense at that time was mean, fast, and nasty, much like FSU and Miami. I have never seen a Big 10 defense that could match our defenses from the mid 90's.

Truthfully, I haven't watched any Big 10 games for years, because they normally put me to sleep after 2 series. I guess I'll have to try in the future.

Let me think long and hard about that one.

NO!!!!!!!!!

NU was never treated fairly by the Big 11 and Texas. Uneven rev sharing, voting against NU in most cases. Moving of offices to Dallas, moving the Big 11 and Texas CG to Dallas instead of rotating. Egregious 1 second calls.

Screw the Big 9 and Texas.

i am sure i am in the minority but is anyone else sick that the big 12 is holding together and we are not there. i realize that we will probably make more money in the big 10 and all that but 100 years of tradition playing kansas, kstate, missouri, oklahoma, etc...gone!

As it has been pointed out to me by some others on the huskerboard, us kansas city husker fans are not important but this move and the big 12 holding together has just made our lives hell.

were you listening to 1620 yesterday? They brought up buyers remorse around 5:30 pm. They suspected a small percentage would feel it.

Personally I hate to leave the Big12 because I don't think the Big10 plays football at the same level as the Big12. It seems like whenever the Big10 plays in a BCS game they don't play well (correct me if wrong). I think that Big10 football is the most boring brand....I hate watching it. I realize that monetarily it is the best move for the program, but i still hate to leave. I will also miss all of the traditional rivalries we have in the Big12. Another thing i will miss is being the underdog every time we played the powerhouses of the south, it makes victory that much sweeter. Finally, I really think it hurts recruiting in Texas. There is talent in Big10 recruiting land, but nothing like that of Texas.

You must not check your' statistics cause the Big 12 has been miserable in BCS games. Look no further than Oklahoma's 2-5 record and that's the conferences second best team. Texas has held the fort down for the conference in BCS games with a 3-1 record. I'd say a 10-11 record is better than a 7-10 record. And besides the Big Ten by far gets the worst matchups when it comes to the bowl games cause for the past decade you most likely were playing USC "AT" the Coliseum(home field without a doubt) or some SEC team in their' territory. I'd like to see the Big 12 do that and come out with the record the Big Ten's had. You'll see when the new Big Ten starts and you'll realize everything we have. And you say you hate the brand of football the Big Ten plays...then you must not be a real Nebraska fan cause Nebraska plays the EXACT brand of football that teams in the Big Ten play. As for recruiting, the usual top teams in the nation for high school football recruiting are Texas, California, Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. 2 teams in the annual top 5 isn't nothing to just brush off like it's some non deal

I disagree with the bolded part. While our offense is in a state of flux, our defense is good and hopefully getting better. If we use a spread-style offense, it will not big "old fashioned" Big 10 style, but if we go to an offense similar to Alabama it will be (which I don't prefer).

While I really don't know much about the defenses run in the Big 10, if they at all resemble that piece of crap that Cosgrove brought to NU, there is no way that the Big 10 defenses have anything in common with our current defense.

Back in the 90's, even though NU had a power running/option offense, the only Big 10 team I remember having anything similar was Indiana. Our defense at that time was mean, fast, and nasty, much like FSU and Miami. I have never seen a Big 10 defense that could match our defenses from the mid 90's.

Truthfully, I haven't watched any Big 10 games for years, because they normally put me to sleep after 2 series. I guess I'll have to try in the future.

Speaking of Big Ten offenses. Haven't a fair amount of them gone to some sort of spread or multiple offense anyway?

I HIGHLY doubt Nebraska will be running a spread in the Big Ten. You need the same type of athletes that Florida has to be successful in it in an every week bruising conference. The State of Illinois has GREAT high school football and both of their' universities tried using spread and it just doesn't work. Ohio State's defenses are annually good defenses. Us along with USC aren't having the most first round draft picks going to the NFL the last decade just by some sort of luck

and like i told another poster, you're assuming the defense won't fall off with the loss of Suh. Players like that aren't easily replaced. He demanded double teams and that's a rare occasion for a college football player. The defense will have to adjust to not having him anymore and that's always hard cause being an Ohio State fan i've seen plenty of our players go on to the next level and we struggle filling the void they left

NO!!!!!!!!!

NU was never treated fairly by the Big 11 and Texas. Uneven rev sharing, voting against NU in most cases. Moving of offices to Dallas, moving the Big 11 and Texas CG to Dallas instead of rotating. Egregious 1 second calls.

Screw the Big 9 and Texas.

Greetings Huskers.

Welcome to the BigTen from a Spartan - the land of milk and honey and an equal share.

Most of us Spartan fans at least, are happy that UNL is the 12th member of our little club. ND is the only other school most of us would covet more than your fine institution. Way back when in the 90s when MSU hosted Nebraska at Spartan Stadium I was waiting tables and all the Husker faithful there after the game (we got waxed, I believe) provided me one of the best nights I'd ever had in tips. I thought, 'these people are all right'.

Seriously, welcome.

If you're interested, stop by the Red Cedar Message Board and say hi. It's one of, if not THE finest college sports message board around - certainly in the BigTen. We've got folks from every school as regulars there.

I also heard you call Colorado sCum. We're going to have to fight over that. You'll soon come to realize there's only one school in all the land deserving of that title, and they don't play in Colorado. Trust me on this - I know of what I speak.

Cheers!

and like i told another poster, you're assuming the defense won't fall off with the loss of Suh. Players like that aren't easily replaced. He demanded double teams and that's a rare occasion for a college football player. The defense will have to adjust to not having him anymore and that's always hard cause being an Ohio State fan i've seen plenty of our players go on to the next level and we struggle filling the void they left

Certainly, and that's why I was saying that I hope our defense will get better.

There is one sports commentator who really watches line play, and he stated that Suh didn't attract as many double teams as people thought last year. Our entire D-line was pretty good last year, and I'm hoping that it will be as good or better this year. Only time will tell.

That 2002 Ohio State Buckeye Defense was a great defense. That team was stacked! Will Smith, Chris Gamble, Kenny Peterson, Will Allen, AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, Tim Anderson, Mike Doss, Nate Salley, Dustin Fox, Will Allen, Matt Willhelm, Donnie Nickey, Cie Grant, Simon Frasier. That Miami Hurricanes team we beat was arguably one of the greatest compilation of talents in college football history. All the pro-bowlers and all-pro players on that team was ridiculous. They lost "2" games under quarterbacking of Ken Dorsey. That was a dynasty of a team and the record shows

Certainly, and that's why I was saying that I hope our defense will get better.

There is one sports commentator who really watches line play, and he stated that Suh didn't attract as many double teams as people thought last year. Our entire D-line was pretty good last year, and I'm hoping that it will be as good or better this year. Only time will tell.

Suh musta slept with his mom or something cause EVERYONE knew how good Suh was and he still would get through the blocks regardless of how many people were assigned to him. Suh was and is the real deal!

That 2002 Ohio State Buckeye Defense was a great defense. That team was stacked! Will Smith, Chris Gamble, Kenny Peterson, Will Allen, AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, Tim Anderson, Mike Doss, Nate Salley, Dustin Fox, Will Allen, Matt Willhelm, Donnie Nickey, Cie Grant, Simon Frasier. That Miami Hurricanes team we beat was arguably one of the greatest compilation of talents in college football history. All the pro-bowlers and all-pro players on that team was ridiculous. They lost "2" games under quarterbacking of Ken Dorsey. That was a dynasty of a team and the record shows

Your defensive coordinator was AWESOME!

Sincerely,

Spartan Fans.

;)