buyer's remorse

I don't see how you all can have buyer's remorse, your move is a great move and a stroke of geniusness by Osborne to usurp Mizzou. Your brand of football is better suited for the Big 10 and you get to get away from Texas which for some reason seems to be the target of all that is wrong in some of your lives. Your road games I think are now a step-up from some of the road games that we all share now plus your BCS tie in bowl is the Rose which I think is a better trip than the Fiesta. If I was a Husker fan I would be tickled to death for this move, as I am tickled to death for Colorado to move to the PAC 10 and for many of the same reasons.

the two great rivals of the former big 12 block (the big 12 really is similar to the soviet union, except the big 12 does not care to hide its evil intentions) has survived and came out better than could have ever imagined. kudos to us.

AGREED!!!!

huKSer, in response to you i have been told by others in this board that since i moved out of nebraska i "moved" away from my team and not living in ne. therefore the KC scene does not matter.

i realize it is the usual small town thinking and those people not realize how big husker football is really nationally.

----Husker football is very big nationally. Here in chicagoland, there are Redbloods all over. I can't tell how many other fans I've met on jobsites wearing my Husker gear. Pay-per view games always draw a good crowd at the couple of restaurants that show them, despite a $5 cover charge on top of the bill. The big12 game last year had people standing outside waiting to get in. That was at the first two places we went to. A whole two hours before the game started. Small town thinking? I think not. :koolaid2:

I can't believe nobody addressed this! godd2, that statement couldn't be further from the truth! If you're wearing Husker Red you matter to this team. You are no different from me, a guy sitting a few hundred yards from Memorial Stadium right now. You are no less a Husker Fan because you live outside the state, just like those of us who live in Lincoln aren't somehow "more Husker than thou."

Let's be real about Nebraska, and Lincoln in particular. There aren't a lot of great jobs here. There isn't a lot to do in this state. The weather is too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, and the streets are in a constant state of disrepair because of it. Add on to that a small population/huge state, and you have high taxes just to pay for basic necessities. OF COURSE people move out of this state, but they keep their Husker fandom alive when they leave, and they are every bit as much a fan as anyone else, regardless of location.

Dude, don't for a second believe that you are not important. I can guarantee you that the folks running the show in the Athletic Department love you out-staters very, very much. You are the people who fill stadiums across the country with Red, you are the people who represent Husker Nation from Maine to Montana, California to Kentucky.

I just can't tell you enough how much you out-of-state folks matter to this program.

Thank you Knapplc for speaking up. :w00t

Heck, I left Nebraska and went to school at KU. With that logic you guys should take me out back and shoot me.

Just one measly guy trying to turn everyone in Chicago into Husker fans......

....and I'm trying to do my part to convert everyone in Stevens Point, WI as well. Go Big Red!

it is all about stability, and even if the big 12 survives, it will never be able to offer that. when considering all of the factors, the big 10 is the better choice.

the big 12 is the ukraine of the power conferences.

Have you been to Ukraine? It's pretty much the worst place in Europe. No government has fixed it's glaring problems. Our toilet didn't flush and the cleaning lady just said "That's Ukraine." Maybe an apt reference.

Heck, I left Nebraska and went to school at KU. With that logic you guys should take me out back and shoot me.

Just one measly guy trying to turn everyone in Chicago into Husker fans......

....and I'm trying to do my part to convert everyone in Stevens Point, WI as well. Go Big Red!

I was looking at houses there a few months ago. I used to build homes in Wisconsin Rapids. My mother lived there for much of her childhood. My brothers live down in Madison. Also a good locale because my wife is Polish and there is a lot of Polish roots there.

it is all about stability, and even if the big 12 survives, it will never be able to offer that. when considering all of the factors, the big 10 is the better choice.

the big 12 is the ukraine of the power conferences.

Have you been to Ukraine? It's pretty much the worst place in Europe. No government has fixed it's glaring problems. Our toilet didn't flush and the cleaning lady just said "That's Ukraine." Maybe an apt reference.

it was a seinfeld reference. remember, "the ukraine is weak".

I liked the concept of staying in the Big 12. But even I gotta admit, TU has way too much stick. It's a shame really because I think NU has a lot more in common with the Big 12 schools than Big 10, and I think it makes much more geographic sense.

But that TU bunch is a trip. They can't live with the conference, and they can't live without it. They're narcissistic, paranoid, neurotic all in one.

And the 9 remaining dwarfs will suffer the wrath of Texas' neuroses until the whole thing caves in which will prolly be sooner than later.

While I wouldn't say the Big 12 is on life support, it's in Hospice.

Don't think we really had a choice in the matter.

Had UT been forthcoming and honest, as well as fair, I think we would have stayed from now on.

my mind agrees with you all that in the end this is a good move for nebraska university and nebraska football, but my heart hates what has happened.

huKSer, in response to you i have been told by others in this board that since i moved out of nebraska i "moved" away from my team and not living in ne. therefore the KC scene does not matter.

i realize it is the usual small town thinking and those people not realize how big husker football is really nationally.

It's kind of like breaking up with your girlfriend. It sucks...until the next hot chick comes along then you forget all about the sneaky-snake, underhanded, over-demanding, two-faced crap that skank of a ho pulled on you.

I know....I have an ex-wife

Man I love it here.

i am sure i am in the minority but is anyone else sick that the big 12 is holding together and we are not there. i realize that we will probably make more money in the big 10 and all that but 100 years of tradition playing kansas, kstate, missouri, oklahoma, etc...gone!

As it has been pointed out to me by some others on the huskerboard, us kansas city husker fans are not important but this move and the big 12 holding together has just made our lives hell.

We basically lost our tradition when we let Texas into the conference and gave up the Oklahoma game. To stay in this conference and let Texas dictate the terms is to have no self-respect. Look how pathetic the other schools look. Do you want Nebraska to look like that? Texas gets even more power than they had before AND a larger share of the money. Besides that, they get to "SAVE" the Big 12. This has been nothing but a power play to force Nebraska's hand and solidify their position as ruler of the conference. When the facts start dribbling out, you'll see that Texas played the Pac 10 like a fiddle. It was a power grab that was masterfully played.

Im a die hard Sooner fan. The biggest mistake that Larry Scott and the Pac 10 made was that he didn't offer Tech,Okie State or Kansas first to assure that the Big 12 died. I need to go puke now.

He was to busy sucking up to Texas and he have should undermined the SOB's. If he asked Kansas Missouri and OSU he would have beaten Texas. Texas would still be holding their thingy.