From a Sooner

The Sooner boards have been in meltdown all day. Under the new "Dan Beebe Plan" Texas stands to earn up to $5 million more a year than the #2 school, and have their own network. I always thought Joe C. did a great job, but today 90% of Sooner fans are mad as hell.

And Texas fans as well (Read this KSU, KU, MU and ISU fans)

ESPN is reporting UT has turned down the Pac-10's offer to join their conference.

We are going to stay in the Big 12 (uh, 10)...this is the worst possible scenario for Texas and for us.

We have decided to stay in a conference where fully 50% of the other teams are NOT WANTED by any other BCS conference in America. Read that until you understand what that means. We are the only thing standing between Iowa State and Baylor and complete obscurity. Missouri, Kansas and Kansas State could only hope that they could be included in the non-BCS Mountain West conference. The Mountain West basically told Iowa State they couldn't care less about them. And yet we have saved them.

Not only have we saved them, we have doubled their $$$!!! According to some of these reports, a new TV deal is being put together that will double the amount of $$$ that teams like Baylor and Iowa State are making. I can see no reason why The University of Texas should subsidize college programs that cannot exist on their own.

Tell me how Baylor and UT are not the Harlem Globetrotters and the Washington Generals...with the exception that in this case the Generals can actually use your Globetrotter money and beat you with it!!!

This is the worst thing that could happen for us...I think it is embarrassing. What UT and Mack Brown and DeLoss Dodds obviously did is say that we can play in this crappy, crappy league made up of glorified version of SFAs football team and we know we have a one game season against OU. We are staying because this league is sh**ty and it can easily be won by us. Only Texas or OU has a snowballs shot in hell of EVER winning this conference. THIS IS NOT FUN. THIS IS NOT WORTH $75 A SEAT.

I have not been this disappointed in Longhorn football and this uninterested in Longhorn football in my entire life

EDIT: KC media are just gushing over how great Texas is

it was difficult for me not to go down and kick kietzman's a$$. if he said "thank you nebraska for leaving" one more time....

Let's just compare how much Mizzou, Kansas, or KSt. makes the first year we're in the Big 10 compared to what they make that year. Even with us paying back a $10M buyout subtracted from our TV revenues we will make more than them. Didn't we make like $7-8M last year on TV revenue? If so, take the $20M minimum we will make from TV rev in the Big 10 the first year minus our buyout of $10M. That gives us $10M that year which is more than we made last year and which is more than we will make this year. So, one year at $10M and after that >$20M a year. And that doesn't take into account the millions of dollars more we are going to get for academics and research!!!!!!!!

Also, if the Big 10 came to Mizzou, KU, or KSt. tomorrow they would bolt immediately, so don't even play that game.

by the way..how about the big 10 get Oklahoma and then sell notre dame on the being the conference of traditional power

That would be the best thing that ever happened!! Just awesome if the Big 10 got OU and then ND came along for the most powerful 14 team league in the nation. I'm kinda surprised the Big 10 or even more OU didn't get in contact. I guess OU's AD is just too in love with Texass. That's a shame, cuz I think the Big 10 jumps at taking OU.

What will the new Big 12 be called? The Texas Ten?

The Temporary Ten. Meanwhile, we are in the Big 10 Plus. (I like that name for a conference that doesn't want the brand name to change, so I'm going to pitch it to the powers that be).

It wont be "The Temporary Ten", under the "Beebe Plan" OU and all 10 schools will be locked into the TV contract for years to come. OU just signed off on being the Texas lap dog for years to come. This new TV contract is all smoke and mirrors. Like another poster said, this is the old SWC all over again.

Well, good luck with that I guess. Nothing we as fans can do about it - but I do wish you Sooners well.

wish you guys well too. Nebraska will win some games and lose some games. But at least you guys will be playing on equal footing aganist equal teams. As a big OU fan, Joe C. and Boren dropped the ball on this one. You guys are lucky to have an AD like Osborne

What will the new Big 12 be called? The Texas Ten?

The Temporary Ten. Meanwhile, we are in the Big 10 Plus. (I like that name for a conference that doesn't want the brand name to change, so I'm going to pitch it to the powers that be).

It wont be "The Temporary Ten", under the "Beebe Plan" OU and all 10 schools will be locked into the TV contract for years to come. OU just signed off on being the Texas lap dog for years to come. This new TV contract is all smoke and mirrors. Like another poster said, this is the old SWC all over again.

and when the big 10 expands more? And missouri is a pick and they bolt?

OU would be a great fit for the SEC, and to a lessor extent, the Pac 10. Let's see how much the UTerus tv contract is worth with OU gone. They got what they wanted, and used that leverage to extort everyone else in the league to stay.

Screw the morons. I'd glad we're gone and never have to deal with the scumbags again.