nu vs iowa

everyone seems excited about this match-up when nu hits the big 10 in 2011, and i suspect the hawk fans expect a certain win, if you listen to them...just wondering why these 2 teams have not played in the non-conf schedules over the past few years...being so close in proximity, it should have been on each schools scdules for the last 20 yrs,.

everyone seems excited about this match-up when nu hits the big 10 in 2011, and i suspect the hawk fans expect a certain win, if you listen to them...just wondering why these 2 teams have not played in the non-conf schedules over the past few years...being so close in proximity, it should have been on each schools scdules for the last 20 yrs,.

Good question, I know why Hayden fry declined to play us but idk y we didn't get a game going for the past 9 years.

Ik when we played Hayden fry in the 80's he was convinced we stole his Playbook and that's why we won... kinda ridiculous accusations for our program

There's actually a pretty simple reason we haven't played Iowa much recently and only played them sparingly throughout our history... there wasn't an advantage to it.

We already played ISU every season so playing the hawkeyes gave us no additional recruiting potential in the state of Iowa. It was always much more advantageous to play teams from other regions in the OOC to maximize our national recruiting potential.