Happy Jayhawk....

jayhawk

Right, because KU had a lot of options... :facepalm:

Facing a non-BCS conference when Texas leaves, but Texas stays and suddenly KU is still in a BCS conference AND they're now making more money than before. Exactly what was KU supposed to do and how has their situation suddenly worsened from when the Big XII was about to dissolve and they were going nowhere fast?

KU (and ISU, TTU, A&M, OSU, OU, et al.) had the option of working with Nebraska all these years and stood up to Texas and their arrogant "gimme-gimme-gimme" attitude like NU did. Instead, their AD/Prez's were all googly-eyed with Texas and voted the way of the Longhorns in every facet of the conference. They had the option to see thru the smoke and mirrors UT had been throwing up all those years but instead they chose not to. Yeah they've had several options over the years. Unfortunately for them, they chose unwisely.

Bottome line...they were whored out....w.h.o.r.e.d....o.u.t. by their leadership.

maybe they were smart, and no different than us. they voted for TU every chance they got, and in the end TU is staying and their bully of a big brother will protect them and keep them relevant. they need a big program to leech off of, TU needs a bunch of sycophants to approve of their every whim. we both acted in our best interest, and our best interest is to be in a level conference, their best interest is to latch on to TU for whatever scraps get thrown their way (scraps is an exaggeration, they'll get more than they could have ever imagined anywhere else).

Facing a non-BCS conference when Texas leaves, but Texas stays and suddenly KU is still in a BCS conference AND they're now making more money than before. Exactly what was KU supposed to do and how has their situation suddenly worsened from when the Big XII was about to dissolve and they were going nowhere fast?

KU (and ISU, TTU, A&M, OSU, OU, et al.) had the option of working with Nebraska all these years and stood up to Texas and their arrogant "gimme-gimme-gimme" attitude like NU did. Instead, their AD/Prez's were all googly-eyed with Texas and voted the way of the Longhorns in every facet of the conference. They had the option to see thru the smoke and mirrors UT had been throwing up all those years but instead they chose not to. Yeah they've had several options over the years. Unfortunately for them, they chose unwisely.

Bottome line...they were whored out....w.h.o.r.e.d....o.u.t. by their leadership.

exactly. All that had to happen was the rest of the North side with us and none of this would have happened. We cared more about the north teams than Texas ever did. Now they paint us as the bad guy in all of this. I think they really believed we wouldn't bolt that's the only explanation i can come up with as to why they sided with Texas. Then they have the nerve to say we are throwing away tradition. lol. there is no tradition if you are going against a long time rival and bowing down to the new guys.

exactly. All that had to happen was the rest of the North side with us and none of this would have happened. We cared more about the north teams than Texas ever did. Now they paint us as the bad guy in all of this. I think they really believed we wouldn't bolt that's the only explanation i can come up with as to why they sided with Texas. Then they have the nerve to say we are throwing away tradition. lol. there is no tradition if you are going against a long time rival and bowing down to the new guys.

but would TU still be there. i think we can all admit that the big 12 would not be viable if TU and Company decided to flee. in bowing to every demand, they managed to keep TU around, preserving their own hides in the process.

NU was the North's sacrificial lamb to UT so they could stay in a BCS conference. With NU gone, TU has absolute control and the title of saviour.

but would TU still be there. i think we can all admit that the big 12 would not be viable if TU and Company decided to flee. in bowing to every demand, they managed to keep TU around, preserving their own hides in the process.

NU was the North's sacrificial lamb to UT so they could stay in a BCS conference. With NU gone, TU has absolute control and the title of saviour.

I don't think Texas was ever gonna flee from the Big 12. They really don't fit anywhere else.

smoke and mirrors... the amounts are based on exit fees from sCUm and nebraska (which i'm hoping they don't get when we are done suing them) after that the tier 3 money goes down to under $14m

I can see NU going to court and making the members of the Big 12 show how they really forced the hand of NU. The TV contract numbers are pure fantasy at this point. We are in a total recession and no one is getting top dollar contracts right now. NU can argue they were forced to make a move to another conference based on the information from several other teams trying to do the same. The Pac 10 is on record in the papers as saying for several months UT had been in negotiations with them to leave. They knew the terms for several months and then tried to pull a fast one. The Big 10 was talking to them too, hell, I bet the SEC had talks too.

The Big 10 only wanted HR additions, so not everyone could go but the ones that had the opportunity and were forced to go had to make a decision.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I bet a reduced settlement on NU's terms is what happens here. The Big 12 is pretty dirty when you pull away the sheets.

I don't think Texas was ever gonna flee from the Big 12. They really don't fit anywhere else.

true, but they have enough leverage to threaten to leave, and scare everyone else into submission.

true, but they have enough leverage to threaten to leave, and scare everyone else into submission.

Except Perlman and Osborne

I personally think the Pac-10 just didn't want Texas. Texas would have bolted, but they went in to the deals thinking they could demand things and the Pac-10 just flat out told them "see ya." Texas had no real choice at that point...they don't want to go to the SEC, because they want the easy road.

The north teams would have been better off in the MWC. They would be a BCS conference, because I am sure it would have bumped up to that status and they could have been the big dogs of that conference. I will miss seeing Kansas and talking to your fans, because I have met some good ones. But you guys need to stand up to Texas and I think Texas is going to make a killing off this new "deal."

I personally think the Pac-10 just didn't want Texas. Texas would have bolted, but they went in to the deals thinking they could demand things and the Pac-10 just flat out told them "see ya." Texas had no real choice at that point...they don't want to go to the SEC, because they want the easy road.

Their commish said UTerus declined an invite.

Now the Big Ten made a comment about looking the the "sun belt" ie UTerus. After the meeting with them the Big Ten might have said, "Ew"

Their commish said UTerus declined an invite.

Now the Big Ten made a comment about looking the the "sun belt" ie UTerus. After the meeting with them the Big Ten might have said, "Ew"

Aww...didn't see that. Thanks for the info huKSer :thumbs . So I guess it was just a power play by Texas? Or they just didn't get the deal that they wanted? i.e.- they couldn't have their own network or bring the teams they wanted, etc.

of course, of course, i just meant of the remaining north teams.

There will be lots of talk of how we are all Texas's B****, but lets look at the initial reports

1) Schools like ISU, Baylor and K-state, who really might have been screwed (I like K-state's odds the best), are now looking to have thier conference fees double. Obliion to a huge raise, not bad.

2) Apparetnly A&M and OU get about as much or as much as UT. So UT is not at some massive advantage there

3) Longhorns could have their own network... Well, they have by far the most fans. Baylors brings basically nothing, but gets 2/3 what Texas does. Sounds like a good deal to me. If theirown network still leaves the rest of us with money close to or on par with the SEC

4) We get to keep most of our rivals. I know the Pac 16 was a little sexier, but Ihappen to like our old rivals in their roles and am glad to have em....

Could the whole thing fall to crap in 5-10 years, maybe... That is a distinct possibility... But I am glad our old Big 8 is mostly together. Will miss the Huskers, but I think the Big 10 should be nice for you all minus the loss of a lot of your own historical rivals, best wishes...

Why is there a white handprint across your face? Oh, I see you've been talking to Texass today.

There will be lots of talk of how we are all Texas's B****, but lets look at the initial reports

1) Schools like ISU, Baylor and K-state, who really might have been screwed (I like K-state's odds the best), are now looking to have thier conference fees double. Obliion to a huge raise, not bad.

2) Apparetnly A&M and OU get about as much or as much as UT. So UT is not at some massive advantage there

3) Longhorns could have their own network... Well, they have by far the most fans. Baylors brings basically nothing, but gets 2/3 what Texas does. Sounds like a good deal to me. If theirown network still leaves the rest of us with money close to or on par with the SEC

4) We get to keep most of our rivals. I know the Pac 16 was a little sexier, but Ihappen to like our old rivals in their roles and am glad to have em....

Could the whole thing fall to crap in 5-10 years, maybe... That is a distinct possibility... But I am glad our old Big 8 is mostly together. Will miss the Huskers, but I think the Big 10 should be nice for you all minus the loss of a lot of your own historical rivals, best wishes...

Why is there a white handprint across your face? Oh, I see you've been talking to Texass today.

:laughpound

I can see it's pretty pointless to talk sense when there is so much Texas hatred going around. Maybe in another months I'll try again...

Everyone seems to think ISU, KU, KSU, Baylor, etc are being jobbed by this whole deal. And maybe they are. But the reality of the matter is, they've had numerous chances to stand up for themselve with us along side of them and they've refused to do so. This is the product of their shortcomings. Do I feel bad they're being jobbed? Slightly. Do I regret it? No

• Fire 1