Happy Jayhawk....

jayhawk

How does it feel to be whored out by your AD?

The real question is, for Nebraska fans, how does it feel to have a classless AD in Osborne? Nice Press Conference-Way to throw everyone under the bus on your way out of the Big 12. Cause of course it's everyone elses fault, except Nebraska right? Please. Man up and show some class. You chose to leave. Nobody forced you out.

All I can say is don't let the door hit ya.

You're right. We did choose to leave. We saw the handwriting on the wall and did what we had to do. If you listened to any part of that presser other than the goodbye part you would understand why.

Well the big 12 schools will be getting "more money" pretty much guaranteed since there was a huge jump in television contracts across the board for conferences since the big 12 was negotiated.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_15334642 has a decent article with some industry people giving estimates. Bottom line they are looking at around 13.5 million before network bargaining, but it goes on to say the numbers put forth by Beebe are unrealistically optimistic since the total pie wont add up to what they quoted the splits to end up as. Which I think anyone with half a brain kinda looked at them when they came out and shook their head anyways.

With the uneven splits and Texas network in full swing Texas may get their 20+ million range, but it isn't going to be in the short term since they have to invest in starting that network and then convince people to carry it. Filling programming with 1 school will be interesting too. I just wonder how may people are going to beg local providers to carry something like that for one non-conference blow out a year and then what the other 364 days of the year?

I think either way in the near future whether their network works or fails you will see Texas shopping itself around again either looking for a conference with an established network to bail its own out or as a "we already have it and local rights aren't on the table" type deal to other conferences. I feel pretty confident that the big 12 is a lame duck conference that only survived in order to buy Texas some time to take their local media rights off of any future bargaining table. I hope the other schools realize this and are finding themselves a spot to land in the mean time.

How does it feel to be whored out by your AD?

The real question is, for Nebraska fans, how does it feel to have a classless AD in Osborne? Nice Press Conference-Way to throw everyone under the bus on your way out of the Big 12. Cause of course it's everyone elses fault, except Nebraska right? Please. Man up and show some class. You chose to leave. Nobody forced you out.

All I can say is don't let the door hit ya.

You're right. We did choose to leave. We saw the handwriting on the wall and did what we had to do. If you listened to any part of that presser other than the goodbye part you would understand why.

:yeah Absolutely true, and after seeing what Texas tried to pull on the Pac 10, who had enough guts to tell them to take a hike, it should have been very apparent to every other school in the Big 12 that Texas was not going to be happy unless they had every advantage and all the control. That is not a fair and balanced conference. I think Osborne saw this before it played out the way it did, and made all the right moves to exit, and get invited to the Big 10; which is something that Missouri didn't do. Missouri played the politics of the situation all wrong, looking like a 2 year old that would throw a tantrum if they didn't get their way. The other AD's in the Big Ten saw through it, and didn't want any part of that kind of behavior in their conference. If Missouri ever wishes to entertain going to the Big Ten again, they need to grow up. But then again, Missouri may just put their heads down, and walk away in shame after the embarrassment they brought on themselves. The Big Ten could also choose to never walk down that path again also, though I think they could gain a lot from taking Missouri, personally.

Frankly...who cares? Nebraska called all the shots in the Big 8 under Devaney and under Osbourne as far as football was concerned. What they deemed to be good for Nebraska was deemed to be good for the rest of the schools whether they liked it or not. Now, Texas is calling all the shots. What's the difference whether it's Texas or Nebraska telling everybody else what to do? Here at ISU we'll be getting more money AND a we buy a little time to shop around for another conference when this one implodes.

The question is will any other conference want you then.. This whole deal is still bad juju for ISU...

Was that a Braveheart reference?

Yep. Since it's 100% fitting I thought it was just applicable in this thread.

Isn't Scottland part of the UK still, to this day? I think they got the stone of Scone back in 1996 for God's sake. You know, the one the British Monarch sat on for 700 years so Scottland knew who was boss. Also, William Wallace ends up Drawn and Quartered. Nice movie, Scottland was famous for rising up too, so I am not saying they are not ballsy, but don't kid yourself who has been in charge and who got co-opted by who... Sweet movie though, and great speech they had him make. If you are all Will in that story though, it ends badly for you, so I hope your not.

Isn't Scottland part of the UK still, to this day? I think they got the stone of Scone back in 1996 for God's sake. You know, the one the British Monarch sat on for 700 years so Scottland knew who was boss. Also, William Wallace ends up Drawn and Quartered. Nice movie, Scottland was famous for rising up too, so I am not saying they are not ballsy, but don't kid yourself who has been in charge and who got co-opted by who... Sweet movie though, and great speech they had him make. If you are all Will in that story though, it ends badly for you, so I hope your not.

The obvious point, to some of us anyways, is that KU and the other big 12 programs did nothing but bend over for TU rather than stick up for themselves to get an equal deal. The way TU is sticking it to the rest of you makes one wonder if the outcome of games will be determined on the field of play or will TU will tell the rest of you how it will be and who will win.

Sorry, for you, that the obvious flew over your head like the plane on Fantasy Island did to Tattoo.

Wow, one bitter post on the anti NU side, and the whole thing goes in the crapper on both sides... I think a lot of people are caught up in the moment and a feeling the need to justify themselves. The smack hurling is not really becoming of anyone.

All I can say is that insulting others to make yourself feel better is childish and is not productive, unless of course those others are from KU/Mizzou fans, in which case it is a sworn duty to insult each other...

Well thats usually what happens when you come on a nebraska board....sorry ku football isnt interesting enough to have multiple conversations going.... i like yalls look at the bright side persepective though, you know the whole its football season till we get to conference play and lay goose eggs, but uh thats right yall are a basketball school, we see how much weight that pulls. Glad Billy Self can get up off his knees of AD and conference presidents across the nation, now he can focus all his attention on those longwhorns.

Wow, one bitter post on the anti NU side, and the whole thing goes in the crapper on both sides... I think a lot of people are caught up in the moment and a feeling the need to justify themselves. The smack hurling is not really becoming of anyone.

All I can say is that insulting others to make yourself feel better is childish and is not productive, unless of course those others are from KU/Mizzou fans, in which case it is a sworn duty to insult each other...

Well thats usually what happens when you come on a nebraska board....sorry ku football isnt interesting enough to have multiple conversations going.... i like yalls look at the bright side persepective though, you know the whole its football season till we get to conference play and lay goose eggs, but uh thats right yall are a basketball school, we see how much weight that pulls. Glad Billy Self can get up off his knees of AD and conference presidents across the nation, now he can focus all his attention on those longwhorns.

I been on this Nebraska board a while, actually, didn't just pop on to talk smack. I don't think I will defend myself against you poorly founded commentary... I like most of the fans here for their class and thoughtful commentary. Maybe if you continue hanging out with them you won't have to resort to carpet bombing and name calling.

The obvious point, to some of us anyways, is that KU and the other big 12 programs did nothing but bend over for TU rather than stick up for themselves to get an equal deal. The way TU is sticking it to the rest of you makes one wonder if the outcome of games will be determined on the field of play or will TU will tell the rest of you how it will be and who will win.

Sorry, for you, that the obvious flew over your head like the plane on Fantasy Island did to Tattoo.

Vince, I see you are fancying yourself as just smarter, but I am not going there. I think you made a point that on the surface seems obvious, if you don't like something get pissed off and go fight for your freedom. Yarghh and huzahhh! My point was that you need to do what is in your interest, and be focused on an effective outcome over puffing up one's chest and being glad at how right they feel as everything crashes down around them.

I am glad your move worked out. That said, I am not sure that a lot of other schools did not also do what they needed to do to get their best outcome. My school the least, as it seems to have had some other options, but we all do what we do. I don't think the characterazation is fair, hence I pointed out what Wallace got for his action, as a way to consider the two sides for the story. Sorry if you had to assume I don't get it just because I did not agree. Or is everyone with a different perspective just an idiot?

Just an FYI I've hung out with many over the 20 years plus I've been attending games. I just don't understand why numerous of topics continue to resurface from big 12 foes. Yes we understand you guys are upset and feel we betrayed you guys. Our apologies, but at the same time we did what's best for us. The same way 16 years ago the big 8 voted against Nebraska in every aspect and formed a new conference. The big 8 history was completely erased when we joined with the floundering swc. I undestand loyalties...etc but that left as soon as the conference was aligned. Look at ou they jumped ship and wanted Texas not Nebraska as their top rival. Yes husker fans in general have a bitter taste with the conference but honestly I'm tired of hearing other schools complain about our decision. Sorry I was a but irrational earlier but Jesus let it be. It's done with.